Jillian's 30 Day Shred

Options
I'm waiting for it to come in the mail.
I'm hoping it will be such a challenge as I hear it is.

Have any of you tried it yet and if so, how'd it turn out for you?:smile:

Replies

• TheNewDanielle
    Options
    Just started, it's my third night tonight. It is quite the challenge. Good luck! I'm down 2 inches on my thighs just from all the weight training involving the legs and then lost 2 pounds in 3 days :) It's a great workout, even though you want to bite her head off lol
  • barceneaux91
    Options
    Just started, it's my third night tonight. It is quite the challenge. Good luck! I'm down 2 inches on my thighs just from all the weight training involving the legs and then lost 2 pounds in 3 days :) It's a great workout, even though you want to bite her head off lol

That's wonderful. I'm looking forward to it. Do you require a lot of space to do the workouts?
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    last time I did it, I gained 4 pounds over the month, and lost like 1 inch or something. It was really depressing. I am doing it tonight, but I am not going to do it for the next 30 days, I am just going to mix it into my week....
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 and this will be my 4th night of level 2 and let me tell you, that's a workout! I hate to see what level 3 is like. Good luck! Level 1, I lost about 6 lbs and I did level 1 for 19 days.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    you're supposed to do it for 30 days straight without a break & by day 5 you'll see a difference in inches, so make sure you take your measurements :o) i'm working my way through it & it's going to be more like a month & a half for me because i haven't been completely consistent- level 2 is harder than level 1, but i'm loving the results. some days i yell & swear at jillian, but by the end of the 20 minutes, i love her again. i'm sure you'll enjoy it! if you're not working out on carpet, you'll need a yoga mat & 3-5lb weights. i use 3lb ones, but i have like no arm muscles baha good luck!
  • gonnabeHOT_Heidi
    gonnabeHOT_Heidi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i did it last monday and was sore till friday! lost 2 pounds that week... i did it again this past monday and not as sore, i lost 3 pounds this week! its great! and i have a small space to do it in and you dont need much! have fun, you will be able to see/feel the difference in your body!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I am trying it but not everyday because I do other things. It is good, if you like to workout with DVDs, which I admit is not my thing, so I am pushing myself.

I can't do all the jumping and knee bending that is part of the workout, so I think that in my case it will be a 90Day Shred (for each level :ohwell: ). But I read many posts with praises about the workout and many people use it as a preparation for more intense workouts such as P90X.

I think that you will do just fine, just stick to it and don't try to go to the next level until you feel that you have done well with the previous one. Good luck!
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for over a week and I love it. It is tough but you just gotta push through it. And yes Jillian can get kind of annoying to me but I like the video. She really makes you work for it. I read the post about gaining weight...hope that doesn't happen to me..or anyone! GOOD LUCK! She also has ripped in 30 days which I might get in a few months.
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Started on the 1st! Done it three days in a row and I think it just depends on your fitness level...her last ab exercise on level one KILLS me lolz! But yes I think you will find a challenge in there for you...even the chicks in the video with the tight abs are sweating :) Good luck! And anyone doing the March 30 Day Shred (or even if you're not!) feel free to friend me!
  • ashleynicoleh04
    ashleynicoleh04 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am trying it but not everyday because I do other things. It is good, if you like to workout with DVDs, which I admit is not my thing, so I am pushing myself.

I can't do all the jumping and knee bending that is part of the workout, so I think that in my case it will be a 90Day Shred (for each level :ohwell: ). But I read many posts with praises about the workout and many people use it as a preparation for more intense workouts such as P90X.

I think that you will do just fine, just stick to it and don't try to go to the next level until you feel that you have done well with the previous one. Good luck!

I am with you on the 90 Day shred!!!
  • jeromy75
    jeromy75 Posts: 112
    Options
    I just bought this today. I was told that it's not for guys, but then someone else said it definitely is. So we'll see how it goes.
  • canadianchick11
    Options
    LOL im on my third night with it as well, and sometimes i feel like yelling WHEN WILL IT STOP :grumble:
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I am waiting for my copy...Should be here tmr.
  • barceneaux91
    Options
    Thanks for all y'alls help! I'm going to have to figure out how to take my measurements. haha :blushing: I'm new to all of this!
    Keep me updated on how it's going for everyone!
  • Cava87
    Cava87 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, I just finished my 30th day of shredding. I lost 12 pounds, 3 inches from my waist, 3 inches from my hips, 2 inches from my thighs, and an inch from arms. I can also feel such a huge difference in my endurance! I did it everyday for thirty days with no other exercise and staying within my calories ofcourse. I love this dvd, I think it's well worth it. I'm going to start round two of the shred, this time following Natalie,the more advanced moves. :smile:
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I completed 7 days straight of it, had to give a day's rest due to injuring my back at work. But it is a awesome workout, I found myself doing all of it easier with each night. The only problem I had with it was on my shoulders doing the push ups. Both rotater cuffs in my shoulder are shot and the push ups just totally kill me, so that's the only thing I couldn't do.. I am also doing her Shred it w/Weights and it is awesome. I have her No more Problem Spots also, it's a tough one.. Shred it w/ weights is my favorite so far..>Good luck and make sure to measure....
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have done this---how is it on your knees? I have major issues with my knees due to all the sports I played that tore up my knees---7 total surgeries. I have issues with lunges and my knees popping out of place. Is this horrible on knees?
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    This DVD is incredible, but for those of us with knee issues it's not pretty. I actually did it tonight (and do it sporadically), but I have to vary the lunges, bent knees exercises since my knees are weak.

Still the cardio and abs portion is awesome. I would do it and just modify when it hurts.
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 24 (Day 4 of Level 3) of 30 DS and I must say it's been worth it. I haven't missed a day even if I had to get it in late at night... the results really made me somewhat addicted to wanting to workout every day doing the 30 Day Shred.:blushing: Jillian Michaels kicks butt but she makes you want to fight for it. I didn't take my measurements the 1st day but I did take my measurements on Day 5 and then again on Day 24. I know I'd dropped 3-4 pounds and a few inches the 1st week and a total of 10 pounds by Day 24. Between Day 5 and Day 24 I had lost 2 inches around my waist, 1 inch off my hips, 1 inch off of my arms and 1 inch off my chest... 6 inches:happy: My arms are definitely toned and my thighs are much tighter and toned as well. I encourage anyone who wants a jump start to getting pumped about working out to take the challenge and try to do it for 30 days straight if possible ... I'm 43 years old and I must say I haven't seen this type of definition on my body in years. I started MFP on Feb 1st and lost 15 pounds by March 3rd ...that's 30 Days! ...and I must give credit to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for making it possible. Yes it can be done... STAY FOCUSED and GO FOR IT!

P.S. Don't forget to eat right while you're on this journey ...it makes it so much easier to make it happen.

Good Luck:flowerforyou:
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Started on the 1st! Done it three days in a row and I think it just depends on your fitness level...her last ab exercise on level one KILLS me lolz! But yes I think you will find a challenge in there for you...even the chicks in the video with the tight abs are sweating :) Good luck! And anyone doing the March 30 Day Shred (or even if you're not!) feel free to friend me!

Just wait til you get to her last ab workout on level 2, that's a doozy!