Craziest comments about your weightloss

Options
mrmarius
mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
the other day my wife's grandmother said that "now i have a neck" about my weight loss. and she was as serious as she could be lol so it got me thinking and wondering about the crazy stuff people say when they see you making progress.

a few years ago my mother in law said that i had "got a little ugly' after i lost about 15 lbs..

please share

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    About 50lbs into my weight loss my granny said to me, "wow, you look so pretty NOW!"

I was thinking, 'gee thanks because I was so ugly before?!'.
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    A few years ago i had gained a little weight apparently because my friend came up to me and said "Ellie did you gain weight because you look a little thinner." I did not quite understand how gaining weight equals looking thinner. I asked her if she meant i looked bigger and she said "no i only asked if you gained weight because she look smaller". What does that mean? So that was my crazy experience:)
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Well this might be TMI but my husband said he noticed I have more 'bone' down there. Guess my fat isn't covering my lady parts any more :bigsmile:
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    The head neuro surgeon at my work announced in front of everyone that he noticed I have been losing weight... I turned bright red and felt so ridiculous!!!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I had someone compliment me on my behind, quickly followed by the comment "Don't lose anymore weight!" Had to laugh at this one:)
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    "oh look, you're not as big anymore, are you losing weight cause I think I can tell in your neck?" jealous *kitten* lol. (she's about 60# more than me and is always starting her diet on "Monday") lol
  • rfepps
    rfepps Posts: 8
    Options
    When I lost about 20 pounds, one of my students said, "Has your head gotten bigger?"
  • Andi_Mo
    Andi_Mo Posts: 243
    Options
    "oh look, you're not as big anymore, are you losing weight cause I think I can tell in your neck?" jealous *kitten* lol. (she's about 60# more than me and is always starting her diet on "Monday") lol

lol, girl, isn't it funny how those are always the ones who have something to say! I've been told I look weird in the face when I get too skinny. Thanks....*kitten* lol :)
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I had to think about this... even when I was 50 lbs heavier, my dad kept asking me if I was going to get too skinny. I guess to some people when really overweight people lose a lot, they have trouble seeing them thinner past a certain point. I had lost 40lbs at that point, but I was still VERY overweight, lol.

....and he's asked me that same question every week since then too! lol
  • WTFitness
    WTFitness Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    When I dropped to about 9 pounds below my goal weight, my co-worker said I looked like a lollipop LOL
  • scalpay
    scalpay Posts: 44
    Options
    When I lost about 20 pounds, one of my students said, "Has your head gotten bigger?"
    Lol! I like that one!
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My son's preschool teacher asked me what I was doing to lose so much weight. I told her I have really gotten into running. I run a lot almost everyday. She said, "Really, you aren't doing the grapefruit diet?" I told her "No, there really isn't a magic button. I actually work hard."
  • TooFine4MFP
    TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    One of my friend's ex-husband told me that I looked sooo good now, because before I was SOOOO big and my face was so big (holding his hands real wide by his face to illustrate his point). He kept repeating it over and over and over again................LMBO!!!
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    My funniest weight loss conversation was my 5-year old daughter telling me that me head had gotten smaller!

Shawn
  • writermom02
    Options
    Years ago when I started losing weight after my son was born, a coworker comment on how I had lost a chin.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    At a work social event, a coworker I hadn't seen in months came up to me with a funny look on her face and said, "You look great. You are TRYING to lose weight, right? Cause I've complimented people before only to be told they have cancer, and I really hope you don't."
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i had lost a bunch of weight a few years ago, people were used to seeing me thick, so when i was skinny i can swear that every member of my BF's familiy asked if i was sick... i felt accomplished and apparently i looked like i was dying. great.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I worked for 5 years in a nursing home with a majority of our folks having Dementia, specifically Alzheimer's. I got a few comments asking if I was pregnant and other comments telling me I should lose weight. GOTTA LOVE those patients with no filter!! It really did kick start my loss though and I lost about 30 pounds. Validation came when one of the SAME old ladies told me I looked beautiful and SKINNY! LOL, she was a hoot. God I miss that place sometimes!
  • Jonesie1984
    Jonesie1984 Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    LOL @ Canface! that's awesome. and Yeah Tallandi.. haters. take a number and fall in line there's been many before and i'm sure there will be many after. lol
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    lol my mom asked my wife were we gonna leave each other for skinny people