Options
Hello, I'm new the community! I'm excited about this new lifestyle. I've tried so many times before to exercise and eat right but it just hasn't worked. I currently have 2 children and I'm getting Married this year. So I know now is the time to get serious about my health not only for me but to be here for my family. I do know that I have to want it and I have to do it for myself. I read an article last week in Essence and it encourage me to make small goals so for now that's what I'm going to do. I know some exercise is better then none. I'd like to hear from people that have children and work how they balance out working out on a daily bases!!!

Replies

• csquaredsmom
    Options
    It is super hard to find the time do raise a family, work, and find time to workout! I try to do as much as I can with my kids when it's nice out. And when it's not, we play the Wii. But, mine are also to the age now that I can have them play in the yard while I walk up and down the same block right by my house. (I do live in a very small town!). I try to get in some walking during my lunch, even if it's just 15 minutes! I think, you just have to schedule time. There are times when my dishes aren't done or there are folded clothes not put away. I've had to give up a little bit on things like that to have the time to do this. But, I also think this is way more important than making sure my house is cleaned up every night! You can do it! Set small goals and just work up from there!