FIRST MARATHON

Options
I AM GEARING UP TO RUN A HALF MARATHON IN OCTOBER. THIS WOULD BE THE FIRST ONE I'VE EVER DONE AND I'M NOT EXACTLY IN THE GREATEST SHAPE RIGHT NOW BUT WORKING ON IT. I KNOW I CAN DO THIS, JUST NEED SOME ADVICE TO GET ME GOING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

Replies

• CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    Try C25K! There are lot's of different podcasts on the web for free. Lots of music styles to choose from. It's a great way to start.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    If you believe you can do it... you can do it.
    My best advice to is to make sure that you always gets your long runs in .. outside! It doesnt matter how fast you do them... even if you have to crawl for the last mile. Its amazing how that body that could barely run 5 miles all of the sudden learns quickly how to run farther. Oh and walk breaks do not = failure!

Feel free to friend me ... I have done one... and am training for 2 more in the next 8 weeks!
  • InternSherry
    Options
    I have recently decided to getting into running. I am starting with a 5k. My first one is in 2 and a half months. I also found a running club in my hometown. Get together with people of a skill levels, go on runs together, and have a support group. I suggest setting small goals at certain points between now and then.

I have never enjoyed running, even as a child, I avoided it at all cost actually, but I have made this choice because of I can think of no better way to be proud of myself than to conquer something I hate!

Congrats on the great goal, you can do it!