Replies

• merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    fresh spinach, blue cheese, walnuts
  • misty1208
    misty1208 Posts: 90
    Options
    I just made a really good one tonight with lettuce, meat, southwest corn, fresh cilantro, cheese, onion a lime wedge and some salsa on it... It was really good :) and under 350 calories for a big plate.
  • missmiller1
    missmiller1 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Spinach, 1/2 can tuna, cucumber, red onion, celery, squeeze of lemon and black pepper.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I throw in everything but the kitchen sink. Mixed greens, green & red peppers, cucumber, tomato, carrots, celery, pea pods, apple, hard-boiled egg, protein (chicken or tuna or turkey), cheese, and season with Mrs. Dash, red pepper flakes and fresh ground pepper plus 2 tablespoons of fat-free low-calorie Italian dressing. Yum.
  • Emma33021
    Emma33021 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Iceberg/romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion, garbanzo beans, radishes, cheese (usually provolone cheese) and some days I add a hard boiled egg.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Iceberg lettuce, finely chopped celery, tomato chunks, chopped onion, shaved carrots, bacon bits, croutons, 1000 island dressing, black pepper, crumbled basil leaf, sprinkle with parsley flakes.
  • beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    mixed greens, feta cheese, mandarin oranges, chicken for protein, avocado, and some balsamic dressing.
  • beatlemom
    beatlemom Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Spinach and Romaine mix, Roma tomato and Newmans Own Light Balsamic dressing. (sometimes I add feta cheese)
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just made a really good one tonight with lettuce, meat, southwest corn, fresh cilantro, cheese, onion a lime wedge and some salsa on it... It was really good :) and under 350 calories for a big plate.

That sounds amazing@
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Baby spinach leaves, steamed green beans and broccoli, cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber or celery. Dressing made of olive oil, red wine vinegar, little bit of mustard, salt and pepper. Feta is nice added to this too. Great with fish or chicken.

Or

Baby spinach with cubes of mango and avocado, snow peas. Dressing with olive oil, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper. My favourite BBQ salad.

Or

Mixed lettuce greens with green beans, cucumber. Cubes of beetroot. Dressing of low fat yoghurt with horseradish mixed in, thinned with a bit of lemon juice. Great with steak.
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    this is my favorite salad recipe of all time: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ramen-Coleslaw/Detail.aspx

you can toss in whatever you want into it such as diced chicken breast, but the dressing is the best part. i don't like cream-based or heavy dressings, so this is very refreshing and tasty. i add a teensy bit sesame oil to it for some added flavor. the toasted almonds and ramen noodles add a great crunch too! :)
  • chrystal559
    chrystal559 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    2 cups Spinach
    4 whole Strawberry
    1/4 cup Mushrooms
    1/4 cup Avocados
    2 tb Litehouse sesame ginger dressing
  • misty1208
    misty1208 Posts: 90
    Options
    this is my favorite salad recipe of all time: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ramen-Coleslaw/Detail.aspx

you can toss in whatever you want into it such as diced chicken breast, but the dressing is the best part. i don't like cream-based or heavy dressings, so this is very refreshing and tasty. i add a teensy bit sesame oil to it for some added flavor. the toasted almonds and ramen noodles add a great crunch too! :)

my mom makes this with chicken and calls it chinese chicken salad. I agree... its sooo good!!!
  • just4laughs
    Options

That sounds REAL good!!! I love southwest/Mexican food, and it's healthy too!!!!! VERY NICE!!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I made a salad of necessity tonight. Nothing fancy but I cooked some extra lean ground turkey with some chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne and, two tablespoons of green enchilada sauce. Then I dumped it straight out of the pan onto a bowl filled with an entire bag of romaine salad mix (romaine, carrots and red cabbage, 60 for the bag) and then plopped on two tablespoons of hot salsa. Gave it all a really good shake and dug in. SO tasty. Just threw it together based on the calories I had left and what was around, but I'll definitely be making it again (and expanding on it nights that I have more calories available and ingredients on hand)
  • luvamig
    luvamig Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Spring mix, or Romaine
    Tomato
    Dried Cranberries
    Sun-dried-tomato-basil Feta Cheese (Low fat)
    Apple Cider Vinegar
    Balsamic Vinegar
    (Sometimes) Italian seasoned crutons

Both delicious and super low cal. About 100 cals per serving, if that