How can I loose 10 lbs in a month????

Options
Hello all I'm new to thise site and only been using it for 10 days now. But I've been eating healthy for about 4 weeks now and I'm not sure if I see any results. I wanted to know if any of my friends knew of any exercises or meal plans I can try to help with my weight lost. I'm confused looking at my daily diary you would think I was loosing weight, I'm also drinking water and exercising daily burning maybe 2-300 calories daily. So if anyone knows of anything it would be very helpful THANKS

Replies

• kaitlinmre
    kaitlinmre Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is a tad bit unrealistic. HEALTHILY, you can lose 2 lbs a week and so in a month, you can lost 8 HEALTHILY. :)
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    You may not see results in the first few days.. I lost then gained (water weight I was told) and over 35days I lost 10lbs. Key is dont let you net calories go under 1200 a day
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    For as little as you need to lose, 10 pounds in a month is not a reasonable goal. Half a pound to one pound per week would be more realistic. 2 pounds a week is a healthy weight loss for someone with a significant amount to lose, but as you get closer to your goal weight, the loss rate has to slow down a bit.

Looking through your diary, you might not be eating enough. Many people stall in their weight loss if they're not netting at least 1200 cals a day (calories eaten minus calories burned through exercise). I know I started losing faster when I upped my intake a bit.
  • bushey101
    bushey101 Posts: 22
    Options
    Try clenbuterol
  • Raychillen
    Options
    Watch your sodium intake. A high sodium diet can cause you to retain water, thus not lose the weight you wish to. 10 pounds is a good weight loss goal, however you want to be careful how quickly you lose it. It is easier to maintain a healthy weight when losing 1-2 lbs a week. Good luck.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Well I lost 20 lbs in about 3 weeks. I have been calorie counting and doing the Biggest Loser program. I eat small meals throughout the day and I exercise everyday. This past week I haven't really lost any weight, and this is week 4, but at the same time I have a lot of weight to lose, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    For as little as you need to lose, 10 pounds in a month is not a reasonable goal. Half a pound to one pound per week would be more realistic. 2 pounds a week is a healthy weight loss for someone with a significant amount to lose, but as you get closer to your goal weight, the loss rate has to slow down a bit.

Looking through your diary, you might not be eating enough. Many people stall in their weight loss if they're not netting at least 1200 cals a day (calories eaten minus calories burned through exercise). I know I started losing faster when I upped my intake a bit.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Well I lost 20 lbs in about 3 weeks. I have been calorie counting and doing the Biggest Loser program. I eat small meals throughout the day and I exercise everyday. This past week I haven't really lost any weight, and this is week 4, but at the same time I have a lot of weight to lose, I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not.

It does make a difference - see ajbeans' post above. The less you have to lose, the less your body can handle a high calorie deficit (which is required to lose weight quickly). It's simply unrealistic and unhealthy for someone without much to lose (like the OP) to try and lose even 2 lbs/week.

To the OP - read ajbeans' post and take it to heart.
  • wesoslim
    wesoslim Posts: 5
    Options
    Have you tried Shakeology? I drink this everyday and already lost over 31 lbs. It's a healthy way to lose weight without doing crazy diets. You just eat healthy, replacing a meal with a shake and it comes with a workout program to rev up your metabolism.
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options

• BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    Thanks you all been very helpful and I guess the right and healthy way would be for me to loose 2 lbs a week.. The only thing is me eating 1200 calories a day because I rarely get hungry.. I'll just try to take each day at a time.
  • caprica
    caprica Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Liposuction ......
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Thanks you all been very helpful and I guess the right and healthy way would be for me to loose 2 lbs a week.. The only thing is me eating 1200 calories a day because I rarely get hungry.. I'll just try to take each day at a time.

Actually, the healthy way would be for you to set your goal to 1/2 to 1 lb/week since you really don't have much to lose. Faster is NOT necessarily better or healthier. 2 lbs/week is appropriate for someone with adequate fat supplies, but you wouldn't fall into that category. Please read the posts below for more information:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/181080-mfp-s-most-common-user-pitfall-to-avoid
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/69708-calorie-deficit-for-dummies-a-little-long
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/153704-myth-or-fact-simple-math-3500-calories-one-pound-eat
  • nanners114
    Options
    Try clenbuterol

This is a terrible idea. No one should take clen unless they have a true understanding on the product. It is not made or taken for everyday weight loss goals. It is used mainly by bodybuilders for cutting. Having dated a bodybuilder for over 2 years i do not recommend anyone taking this with out the proper knowledge of it.