dissapointed

Options
:sad: I have been using this site for a few months now and I find it is very affective when i use it consistantly... but lately i haven't been tracking my calories daily. My clothes are begining to get more and more snug :grumble: I would really like to get serious and lose about 50+ ..... any suggestions???

Replies

• sallyado
    sallyado Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :sad: I have been using this site for a few months now and I find it is very affective when i use it consistantly... but lately i haven't been tracking my calories daily. My clothes are begining to get more and more snug :grumble: I would really like to get serious and lose about 50+ ..... any suggestions???
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Heyya!

Best suggestion I have ever had: Take it day by day. This is a life change, not a diet.

:heart:
    Megan
  • vickster82
    Options
    and here's a great quote:

" a bad habit never dissapears miraculously, its an undo-it-yourself project"

day-by-day approac is the best. focus on your goal for the day, dont' overeat, keep track of EVERY single bite, don't cheat and most importantly develop a work-out regiment. you can have a cheat meal once a week when you feel like you accomplished your goals. that doesn't mean to eat a 1000 calorie meal, but simply enjoy your favorite food, in a modest proportion.

good luck and let me know if you're having trouble!!!:wink:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The difference between today and yesterday is:

Tomorrow is gone, never to return.

Today is a new chance to start over. RIGHT NOW!

I used to say-Oh on Monday I will start my diet. OH on Tuesday I will go to the walking park. OH OH Saturday is a good day to start...whatever.

So the diff between before the 20 lbs lost ( ok 19...whos counting?) and now....each day I DID IT! I ate right, I exercised on THAT day. TOday......we will see....what will I choose?

How about you!? :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I like that. Printing it right now to put on my wall...thanks
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

I like that. Printing it right now to put on my wall...thanks

:laugh: :laugh:

That's funny because it's been my signature for a week and a half.....I guess we get the same emails!!
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm not an expert, but as a newbie (day 2, week 3) something that has helped me to stick to it is to log my food before I eat it. I've been planning as much of the day as I can early on so I can see about how many calories I have for dinner, afternoon snack and stuff like that.

That, and like everybody said ... just take it one day at a time and don't think too much about how much you have to lose. Today is the only day you have to live in, so make it a day you can feel good about when you lay your head on your pillow tonight! You've already made a good step by posting on here ... you can do it!

:smile: :smile: :smile:
  • guntherma
    guntherma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Well, I am starting figure out that I need to stay busy and stop walking through the kitchen every time there is a lull in my attention span. But I am home all day and night 7 days a week so it is way to easy to find that kitchen.
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    i've been on this site for a year, and tracked almost daily. you know how much i've lost? 2 pounds. i went up down all around and bounced back to 15 pounds more than my starting weight.

but you know what? i'm still here. still trying, and still plugging along.

you'll never get more support than from the people on MFP. coming here everyday... when you're having a good day, a bad day, a great day, a horrible day. anything!! it makes you accountable and gives you the support you need. you can do it!!
  • beanface25
    Options
    I would try taking it in baby steps. Instead of looking at the whole picture (losing 50+ lbs), look at it in small steps. Set a small goal at first like losing 10lbs or even 5;bs. When you get there set another goal of 10 more pounds. I am new to this site, but that is what I have done in the past and it seems to work. I know for myself, looking at the big picture tends to get overwhelming. Good luck!

94811.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journal
  • sallyado
    sallyado Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :smooched: thank you all so much for your ideas and support though I had a rough morning..(5 hershey kisses) I'm trying to be proactive and im having a salad for lunch (all greens & lite dressing) and I am working on good ideas for dinner... i will try and keep u updated!!:love:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Five hershey kisses aren't a deal-breaker ... don't beat yourself up! Just log them and go on. And, if you don't want to be starving by 3:00 have some protein at least with your lunch! That way you won't be as tempted to eat everything in sight all afternoon & evening. Eating too little during the day always gets me and I pay for it later. :noway:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Five hershey kisses aren't a deal-breaker ... don't beat yourself up! Just log them and go on. And, if you don't want to be starving by 3:00 have some protein at least with your lunch! That way you won't be as tempted to eat everything in sight all afternoon & evening. Eating too little during the day always gets me and I pay for it later. :noway:

I completely agree-I try to include a lot of protein in my lunch so that I'm not starving when I get home-And I try to incorporate an afternoon snack as well so I don't go straight to the kitchen from work!

And, I love your quote...
    If you do what you always did, you'll get what you always got.

So True!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    If you really do log all the food you eat, plus all the calories you burn... and stick with it, it WILL happen! Just remember that you didn't get to where you are in a day, or even a week, so let nature take her course for the good, in her own time (with you helping, of course) :flowerforyou: