Is dessert ok?

Options
phnx72
phnx72 Posts: 47 Member
I was thinking about this because I just made a low cal dessert but I still feel bad about it, like I shouldn't be eating it anyway. Does anyone else feel this way?

Replies

• kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I made one that is somewhat healthy (canned pumpkin) but also delicious (2 tbsp graham cracker crumbs and some fat free cool whip)

I think depriving yourself is worse than eating some dessert as long as it fits into your calorie and fat range for the day :)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Hell yes it is ok. I have dessert every night. It is always around 100 calories and it never pushes me over my calories for the day. Remember, everything in moderation.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I figure it's better to eat your dessert whenever you can than try to cut it out completely. If you completely remove all your treats, you're much more likely to eat three slices of cake in one night than you are if you have a small slice every few days, you know?
  • phnx72
    Options
    Oh, wow! I didn't think anyone would reply lol. Thanks, I feel better about it already.
  • bushey101
    bushey101 Posts: 22
    Options
    Defiantly not, how do you expect to acquire such aesthetics if your eating cake ?
  • phnx72
    Options
    Even 100 calorie cake? lol
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Ppsssh....Id rather have some cake!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I'm of the opinion that any food is OK, but you really do have to pay attention to portion sizes, and make sure that the majority of your calorie intake is full of nutrition.
    Unfortunately lots of desserts (even, or maybe especially, 100 calorie desserts) are more likely to be full of highly processed flour, sugar and fats, artificial flavours etc without much actual nutritional value.
    This doesn't stop me eating a piece of cake or a biscuit (cookie), but I do try to look at in the overall picture of my day and make it a small part of the total.