grrrrrrrrr pizza

Options
omg i havent had pizza in prob two months and i am soooo craving pizza i even told myself on my page today pizza is not an option ... so i had some broccoli soup in stead then my roomates order a friggin pizza and it smells sooooo good grrrr i love them both to death for they no not what they do to me

Replies

• fink21061
    fink21061 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If it is from a large chain did you try looking on their website to see if they have the nutritional value? You may be suprised at some places. One of the ones down the road here I was able to squeeze in one slice of medium pizza. I know it was not much but it satisfied that craving.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I am at work, there are donuts
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    im sure your right and its very good advice but pizza is a trigger for me it would be like priming a pump
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate, I picked up my boyfriend from work and he said, "can we go to Wendy's?" Knowing full well Wendy's is my favorite fast food place. But luckily I had looked and my spicky chicken sandwich has only 450 cals and I got it anyway, sans the soda and large fries I usually get. Maybe it's not about deprivation, but about moderation. Or are you like me and can never eat just one slice of pizza. Either way good luck!
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You can still have Pizza! I do :-)
    Just make it yourself! There are plenty of healthy Pizza recipes out there. If you don't have time or the needs buy a Lean Cousine Pizza. They're pretty good.
    Also, have a talk with your room mates. They should support you trying to be healthier
  • KLiK3xs
    KLiK3xs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I feel for you.

I'm sitting here at work trying to avoid all these boxes of Girl Scout cookies for sale. mmmmmmm Thin Mints!

And I got the munchies like crazy!
  • hrhwrightca
    hrhwrightca Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can still have Pizza! I do :-)
    Just make it yourself! There are plenty of healthy Pizza recipes out there. If you don't have time or the needs buy a Lean Cousine Pizza. They're pretty good.
    Also, have a talk with your room mates. They should support you trying to be healthier
  • hrhwrightca
    hrhwrightca Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make homemade thin crust pizza every Friday night :) with ground chicken, light tex mex cheese, loads of chives, mushrooms, tomatoes, and garlic and it is delicious - and surprisingly not so bad really :)
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Lean cuisine pizzas are pretty good. I'm not going to lie and say that it's as delicious as Papa John's or Pizza Hut, but it tastes like pizza. I actually had one of the pepperoni french bread ones today because I just wanted to eat aobut 20 pieces of garlic bread for dinner. It killed the craving and it was only 310 calories.
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    I agree do some research, I had a couple pieces of thin crust pizza and it was ~300 cals. Don't deprive yourself...it will just make the craving worst. You could also get creative and make your own pizza. That way you control what goes on it. Check out myrecipes.com and search healthy pizza. I Wish you the best.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    try buying a garlic & spinach pizza at the grocery. thin crust and you can eat half of one at 620 cals. then exercise part of it off.
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey tonight I wanted pizza so I decide to make one.. Use 100% whole wheat crust, low sodium pizza sauce, weight watcher cheese, olives, and hard salami.. It was OK not the best but it took that craving away for pizza.
  • wesoslim
    wesoslim Posts: 5
    Options
    I love pizza too!! But since I have to watch what I eat, I make my own with low fat cheese on top of wheat pita bread and add veggie on top. Don't deprive yourself just modify to make it healthy :)
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mmm I'm a pizza fanatic. Love it, but like you, can't trust myself with a slice. But I've been making a home made quesadilla which tastes just like pizza, is filling, and has only 513 calories. Perhaps you could try out an alternative for you, I hope you find something!
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    Lean cuisine pizzas are pretty good. I'm not going to lie and say that it's as delicious as Papa John's or Pizza Hut, but it tastes like pizza. I actually had one of the pepperoni french bread ones today because I just wanted to eat aobut 20 pieces of garlic bread for dinner. It killed the craving and it was only 310 calories.

i know this sounds really bad but i am such a pizza snob i would never order pizza from pizza hut or poppa johns its got to be one of those big flying pie types whith the mountain of toppings .... i appreciate all you guys supporting me it helps tons
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options

i know this sounds really bad but i am such a pizza snob i would never order pizza from pizza hut or poppa johns its got to be one of those big flying pie types whith the mountain of toppings .... i appreciate all you guys supporting me it helps tons

I totally get it. You should have heard the rant I went on the other day about Mexican food. I'm still bitter about the waiter who told me the place had good mole and I couldn't smell it when it was sitting in front of me. That was three months ago.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    omg i havent had pizza in prob two months and i am soooo craving pizza i even told myself on my page today pizza is not an option ... so i had some broccoli soup in stead then my roomates order a friggin pizza and it smells sooooo good grrrr i love them both to death for they no not what they do to me

One important thing about dieting is "do NOT give up any particular food", which will be much easier for people to end up giving up on the dieting/healthier lifestyle. What you can do is you can eat it sometimes, but just portion size. I like pizza too, and I had hard time to eat those in the restaurants because they have too much calories. I found out if I get those frozen pizza (you can find lower calorie ones, less greasy etc), it's much easier for me to know how much I ate and have control over it.

Better if you just make your own pizza, and you will have total control what you are putting in, and enjoy it.

You don't need to give up food you like completely
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Like, Flying Pie, flying pie? Like Boise Flying Pie? Just curious. Their pizza is too, too yummy!
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    ok so tomorrow i will research a recipe using one of my wheat pitas and cure the craving your right about the depriving it will lead me to binge later on that what i do binge and purge and its not healthy thanx ( smiles for miles )
  • monkeyboy881
    Options

Like, Flying Pie, flying pie? Like Boise Flying Pie? Just curious. Their pizza is too, too yummy!

its here in gresham oregon but yes i do believe there is a boise store too