Surprise! Your the biggest loser...

Options
Amyhue
Amyhue Posts: 17 Member
This is a story of why you should not give up... I am doing a biggest loser-style team weight loss challenge with my husband and two friends at our local gym, complete with weigh-ins and rankings based on percentage of weight loss. It's been an especially tough challenge for me, because I have MS and I am currently struggling through a relapse. That means that I don;t know from day to day whether my legs will carry me or exercise will leave me wiped out for days. Just last week, I fell down a flight of stairs, leaving me pretty banged up an unable to exercise for a week. Just wanted to quit and thought to myself, "Who am I fooling. I give up. I'm never going to be able to reach my goal. My body sucks and there is nothing I can do about it!" So you can imagine how awesome it was to get a call from one of my team members today who informed me that I am ranked 16th out of 200 people in the weight loss challenge! I am the #5 woman! Holy moly, I am the biggest loser! So I will keep going to the gym with my cane in my hand and find whatever it is my body CAN do that day. So think of this "loser" when you think it's just not worth it... and don't give up!!!

Replies

• thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are an absolute inspiration, and you should be so proud of yourself!
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Thanks for your story. Totally inspirational :happy:
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    congratulations it just goes to show what we can achieve when we really want it. keep up the amazing work x
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Congrats , what a awesome success , and i know what a struggle you must be having as my mum had MS thats not easy to deal with on it's own so a massive well done to you keep up all that good work :happy:
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Massive achievement..Congrats.

I kinda know how you feel about only doing what the body will allow you to do. I have good intentions and motivation I just don't have a body that wants to play the same game. I don't have MS but I have MG.
  • keepitoff99
    keepitoff99 Posts: 117
    Options
    Keep it up - that's awesome. Sounds like a great idea to keep yourself motivated.
    Sorry about your fall though. Take it easy!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    wow! You rock!

Great example of courage, strength, and perseverance, you should be very proud of yourself:)
  • bullmastifflover
    bullmastifflover Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's what they call "kicking *kitten* & taking names"! You are a true inspiration!
  • beth65
    beth65 Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! :)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story! Congratulations, you rock!!!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Wow that is fantastic, Well done..you should be so proud of yourself to achieve so much...inspite of the obstacles that life has placed in your way...there are many on here, myself included that need to learn by your example. You rock!!!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this. It's just what I need... I was feeling down for not losing much weight this week.

You are so inspiring!!!
  • hofficoffi
    hofficoffi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well done hunni!
    such an inspiration, I don't have MS but I have TM (Transverse Myelitis). Exercise has helped me so much, yes physically but more than anything....mentally! I think exercise releases those wonderful endorphins and seratonin which really helps people like us who have chronic illnesses. Sure we will prob have bad days now and again, but now I can limit it to a 'day' rather than a week or month like I used to before exercise!
    Good on you hun! Fab news and so so so happy for you!!
    xxx
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Impressive!

I have to flag this thread for a family member who also has MS. I'm sure you two will have some thoughts to share.

Best of luck.
  • Bubbles2626
    Options
    I can totally relate!!! I have MS, and knock on wood in "remission" right now!!! But the energy can still be zapped out and leave me on the couch for the whole next day if i overdo it. Your right, sometimes it feels like one step forward only to get stopped in your tracks waiting to be able to go again!!! Its good to hear others who know how difficult fighting the battle of the bulge when you have MS can be!! Keep rockin' it out!!!!
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You may be their "biggest loser" but you are a winner to me! You go girl!
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Wonderful inspiration!
  • mk820
    mk820 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Your post gave me goose bumps. What a strong person you are.
  • Mariposa187
    Mariposa187 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I needed this... you are truly an inspiration. After reading this I know i cant make excuses for myself because if you can do it so can i. So glad you shared this with us!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!