hi from australia

Options
hi from australia - im so keen to get fit and lose weight before my 40th next year and hoping to eventually run a amarathon

Replies

• forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.

This is a great place to work on reaching your goal.
  • heidiscool
    Options
    G'day, I lived in Australia for a year. What a terrific place to get fit. You are on a great website as well. Good luck!
  • delilah514
    delilah514 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    hello & welcome! I recently joined myself. MFP has been a great tool in my get fit efforts.

Good luck with your fitness goals :)
  • aimlow
    aimlow Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    HI I am Australian too.
    I am keen to lose weight before my 10th wedding anniversary and hopefully keep it off way into my 40's.

I also hope to compete in my first 5k fun run. Not quite as challenging as your marathon.

Where abouts in Australia are you?

cheers
    caz
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    Welcome! I hope to run a 5k later this year and build up to a half-marathon. I think your marathon goal is wonderful.

This site is great. The forum and all the advice and encouragement you get from others here is what makes it so amazing.

Best of luck!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome to MFP!! I have walked three 5Ks, thanks in large part to my On-Line Friends.
    The support and encouragement you find here will help you get to your goals and get healthy very soon!!
  • Marli13
    Options
    Hi,
    I am from Austrralia to. Agree with all the above. Recently completed my first 6km fun run in 15 yrs. Felt awesome. This is so easy to use and fun. Good luck:happy:
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Welcome , Its good to see more and more Aussies on MFP. You cant go wrong on here.
    I live in QLD.
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im from adelaide- where are you from?
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    I live on the Gold Coast
  • kimmisatch
    Options
    Hi from NZ :) I joined today - it seems awesome!
  • alybel
    alybel Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I joined recently too and am also from Qld. This site is great :)
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from northern NSW
  • evertongirl
    evertongirl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    HI I am Australian too.
    I am keen to lose weight before my 10th wedding anniversary and hopefully keep it off way into my 40's.

I also hope to compete in my first 5k fun run. Not quite as challenging as your marathon.

Where abouts in Australia are you?

cheers
    caz
  • Marli13
    Marli13 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm from Geelong, Victoria. It is great to see so many Aussies on here.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    welcome from another adelaidian
  • bunnysone
    bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Heya - Welcome!! I'm in Sydney!! You will love this site but beware it is addictive ;)
  • spunkbeer
    spunkbeer Posts: 60
    Options
    im aussie too :3

Brisbane!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm from WA. It's great to see more Aussies coming along, I always like it when I can find a local brand of food in the database so we can all make it even better!
  • puddyone
    puddyone Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi There, I'm from Brisbane. Welcome to MFP. I only joined in Jan and am loving it. Would love to be friends to help keep the motivation as you are around same age and goals. Will send you friend request, won't take offence if you ignore. Best of luck.