T.G.I Fridays AD on MFP??

Options
Ok, really? REALLY??? as if its not hard enough to lose weight. You find this AMAZING website to help you out and it actually works!!! I Love MFP!!! But now that i go to complete my food entry there is an AD on the side for $12.99 3 coarse meal at
T.G.I Fridays... and now IM CRAVING IT!!!

I think they need to choose AD's that people on here will actually want to click and possibly use, i have FAR too much willpower to cave but man it got me thinking!:sad:

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    The ads keep the site free. My first month, it seemed like there were always donut ads. I've clicked on some J Jill ads, and see those most frequently these days.
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    i understand it keeps it free, but they should put healthy stuff on there, then i would be more inclined to click it!
  • jsjlandy
    jsjlandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I know! Fridays is so good, but you feel so guilty after eating there. They have ads for vitalicious muffins a lot. Have you tried those? I always bought them for my son, but I finally tried one and they're REALLY good!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    well it looks like its google ads. i'm sure its the way MFP pays for this FREE site. i dont even pay attention to ads on most sites. if you notice it tracks your cookies and stuff and will display ads relevant to whatever sites you may have visted, or even what posts you put up. all websites do this. it also tracks your location and gives local ads.
  • Kasper1274
    Options
    Hey I hear you =]. I understand it keeps the site free, but it still gets the mind going hehehhehe. Stay strong =]
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    it tracks your cookies
    You would have to mention cookies :sad: :laugh:

The ads appear to be local..probably based on your IP address. I'm always getting ads for "all you can eat for €5"
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've never seen ads on this site. I use adblock plus on firefox. Problem solved. ^.^
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Come to think of it theres also addons to block tracking cookies and protect privacy. Ghostery is one: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ghostery/

(And adblock plus for the interested https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/)
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    I'm very pleased to say that I've developed the ability to completely mentally block out ads on websites. It's like...ads? what ads?? :laugh:
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I keep wondering what ads people are talking about. Then I remember that other people see ads.

Think of it like driving around town. Look - there is a Burger King. Over there is KFC. Taco Bell. Applebees. Just because you see the sign doesn't mean you have to stop in and eat there.