Contour Mud Body Wrap

Options
I've had a week from hell since being dumped by my boyfriend of 3 years on the 27th Feb. I've lost 3lbs since my last weigh in last Wednesday. I'm going to try a pick-me-up in the form of a body wrap at a salon this Saturday. I hope it actually works...

Has anyone else had one done and has it worked? Even just for an inch or two? Do the results last? I expect there will be conflicting stories about it, but I just pray it works for me and hey...nothing ventured, nothing gained. I want my ex to look at me and see me looking gorgeous so i'll try about anything right now. Have even booked a consultation for plastic surgery. Taking the age old change of hair after a break up the the extreme I guess but been so incredibly depressed all week, I just need to do SOMETHING. :(((

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    You mainly lose water weight with things like that. So it does come back. BUT its great to do right before going out to give ya a little extra "oomph" for a little while :) So sorry about the break up. I do know how it feels to a degree- I broke up with a guy after dating for 3 years. But I had to. Long story. Anyway, keep your chin up and good luck :)
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    Just confirming what Panda said, the results are temporary but can be a good ego booster.

And I recently split up with my boyfriend of 9.5 years, so I know what you're going through. Just keep in mind that you might want to consider doing this for yourself, not just to make the ex regret giving you up. Add me if you'd like a friend to help keep you motivated.

Big hugs!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you've had so much going on, must be very hard :(. But good for you for taking care of yourself. Haven't heard of that mud wrap but it sounds divine, go for it!
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine has done the wrap several times before a big event. She loses lots of inches and feels great afterwards. It doesn't last though…so keep that in mind.

Hang in there.
  • SalsaFaye1983
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - sounds like it works (well temporarily anyway). Definately need the extra "oomph" for that evening. Hoping to wear a lovely dress and to have just a little bit less to fill it with would be excellent for that evening. Honestly, I don't know whether its a good idea to go to this salsa party that night or not. I know he will be there so I hope I can hold it together all night. We always danced together so seeing him there dancing with everyone but me (except for in any lesson where he kinda has to) is going to be a killer. I think I must be insane. Will have to do it sometime though - first time is always going to be hard, whether its this week or next... xxxx