Red Faced!!

Options
When I exercise I get sooooo RED faced!!! Its quite embarassing! I feel as if people are staring - although I'm sure they aren't and are concentrating on what they are doing, but I'm so concious of it!!

I wouldn't say it was due to being un-fit as I work out quite a lot and have been for the past 6 months at this level. Plus my recovery rate etc has improved - I just get sooo red faced!!

Does anyone else suffer with this problem, and any suggestions as to what it can be / is casusing it / can be stopped?

Thanks

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    OMG exact same problem!
    Some days at the gym I'm half expecting them to call the paramedics because they think I'm going to drop dead! So embarassing!

But for me, the reason is that I am extremely fair skinned. My doctor explained (because I myself was worried about it) that in fair skinned people it's simply more obvious. In other words, everyone to some degree gets red but its less obvious in those with a darker skin tone. As long as your heart rate is in a decent range it shouldn't be anything to worry about. You may want to double check with your doc just in case if you;re concerned.
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am also fair skinned and I tend to "pinken" when I workout. I just figure now that if I don't look like a wet shrimp after I'm done then I haven't worked hard enough!
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    Oh yes! It takes ages for it to go and when it does I still feel like I'm glowing, which is a nice feeling. I chalk it up to working hard, but to be honest, the slightest bit of exertion and my face is like a tomato!
    I know you can buy powders that reduce redness, but you'd just sweat it off tbh. Don't let it put you off though, there are plenty of us out there!!
  • summercooper
    Options
    Haha me too, it's really bad! I get a red face with the slightest thing anyway so it was bound to happen with exercise. I doubt people are looking cause your face is red. It's quite common when people are exercising so I wouldn't worry about it :)
  • lisastevens27
    Options
    Me too and have done since I was a child. Its quite annoying but I know i've had a good workout when it happens.
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    Ditto!!!
  • PeterPan132
    Options
    So pleased to hear its not just me! yes I am fair skinned also and sounds like it just comes with the territory!!

Certainly doesn't put me off, just feel concious of it - I shall just get on with it then, knowing that i'm not the only one in the world :smile: Maybe it also makes it look like I am working extra hard?

Kidtechnical - agree that the 'after-glow' feeling is definately a GREAT feeling!!
  • ShannonWinger
    ShannonWinger Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I hate it but what can you do. I'm fair skinned and freckled and I flush very easily.
  • redwngs13
    redwngs13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Haha me too, it's really bad! I get a red face with the slightest thing anyway so it was bound to happen with exercise. I doubt people are looking cause your face is red. It's quite common when people are exercising so I wouldn't worry about it :)

Same here! My face turns red at the slightest thing, and most times I'm not even embarrassed about anything. I just get red. I used to be very shy about it, but now I figure it's how I am and there's nothign I can do about it, so I just deal.
  • boomstick13s
    Options
    I have mild rosacea, so my face gets red as my body temperature goes up. Every time I work out I have lobster face.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    oh yeah! yes ma'am!
    definitely!

i take pride in though! LOL
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    If I'm not red faced and drenched in sweat, then I'm not working out hard enough lol