Healthy Lunches

Options
Morning All!

I am getting very good with my breakfasts and dinners (tea) but i struggle for exciting lunch ideas

Soup get's boring for me after a while and there are only so many varieties of low cal sandwiches.

Does anyone have any ideas? I don't mind preparing the evening before, i can also heat things up at work in the microwave :smile:

Thanks in advance :bigsmile:

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Lunch is a problem for me as well.. mostly eat soup these days but that's getting old fast. And with warmer weather I know I won't want something warm for lunch. I'm interested to see new ideas as well. My only other alternative is either grilled chicken & veggies from dinner the night before or tuna salad.
  • Willstephens1
    Willstephens1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make pasta with chopped tomatoes, onion, mushroom and other bits and pieces. I bring about 200grams to work, with 50 grams of tuna, and its around 220 calories. If I’m cycling i add cheese to it to bump up the calories a bit.

I make over 1 kilo of it and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge, it lasts a while.
  • Willstephens1
    Options
    Oh and sweetcorn, cant forget the sweetcorn.
  • KayakingPublicist
    KayakingPublicist Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How about burritos? I did a cooking demo of some good packable meals. See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpOPhipHJGw for the specific cooking video where I post make-ahead meals perfect for lunches. I'm doing a video update if you're interested http://www.YouTube.com/MichelleTennant

Good luck!
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimbaclay
    kimbaclay Posts: 81
    Options
    Thanks everyone, i shall have a look at the youtube vid later after work :flowerforyou:

Pasta does sound good, it's the carbs though :indifferent: I keep getting told not to eat carbs

Looking forward to more ideas :smile:
  • han182
    han182 Posts: 82
    Options
    I always do myself lots of different chopped up veggies with a low fat dip (humous, light mayo etc), with ryvita crispbreads with x light dairylea or ham or tomatoes or anything I fancy! Non fat yoghurts are amazing as they kick my sugar cravings too.
  • Willstephens1
    Options
    Pasta does sound good, it's the carbs though I keep getting told not to eat carbs

Ahh yes. I cycle to work and back so i dont really worry about the carbs.
  • Tillymintball
    Options
    I quite often have a Weightwatcher's bagel toasted with a tin of Weightwatchers tuna and sweetcorn with a handful of salad leaves. It's filling but is well below 300 calories. Alternatively, The Food Doctor pitta pockets are brilliant and I fill one with salad and a tin of piri piri mussels which is high in healthy nutrients but low in calories and fat.

Once a week I try to have a full bag of salad with added cherry tomatoes and sweetcorn which is an energy boost. You might also consider a bowl of lentil dhaal with either a wholemeal chapatti or a wholemeal pitta bread...:drinker:
  • cagirl
    cagirl Posts: 23
    Options
    You can get Dreamfield's brand of past (only 5 usable carbs) and then add tons of veggies.
    I love this!! I too have to watch the carbs.
  • kimbaclay
    Options
    You can get Dreamfield's brand of past (only 5 usable carbs) and then add tons of veggies.
    I love this!! I too have to watch the carbs.

Sounds good to me! I shall have a look :flowerforyou:

Loving everyone's ideas though :bigsmile:
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    left overs from dinner. mmmmm!
  • AndiPandi687
    Options
    i got this recipe from Hungry Girl
    1serving

1 package tofu shirataki noodles
    1 wedge lite swiss laughing cow
    1 tbsp fat-free sour cream
    1 tbsp grated parm cheese
    salt and pepper to taste

rinse off the noodles in water (hold your nose...they smell!) pat them down with paper towel. heat in a bowl in the mocrowave for 1 minutes. blot again with paper towel. then put in the sour cream and cheese and heat for another minute and stir! all for under 100 calories!
  • kimbaclay
    Options
    1serving

salt and pepper to taste

rinse off the noodles in water (hold your nose...they smell!) pat them down with paper towel. heat in a bowl in the mocrowave for 1 minutes. blot again with paper towel. then put in the sour cream and cheese and heat for another minute and stir! all for under 100 calories!

Sounds amazing! Worried that they smell though :indifferent:
  • AndiPandi687
    Options
    they do smell. but the smell goes away once you get the sour cream and cheese mixed into it
  • NMandaMarie
    NMandaMarie Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    1serving

salt and pepper to taste

Sounds amazing! Worried that they smell though :indifferent:

They're really weird but SO worth it! I went from 400cals in noodles to 40. Easy switch for me. :bigsmile: