why?????

Options
alright, been working out, eating right, and lost 3.....woke up this morning and gained 2 back.......what is going on?? also, I want to do a cleanse, any reccomendations???

Replies

• thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You did not gain 2 pounds overnight. Unless you ate your allowed calories plus 7,000 yesterday. Which I doubt.
    Weight can fluctuate by up to 5 pounds daily. Settle down. Remember you're in this for the long haul (unless you aren't and then I can't do anything for ya)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I find if I eat later in the evening or drink water throughout the night that can make me bloated the morning of the weigh in. Also what do you normally wear during your weigh in,perhaps you had heavier clothing on then usual. On a more personal note,perhaps you have a full bowel or bladder as that could make the scale go up as well.
  • SortaBadass
    SortaBadass Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You probably expected a response like this, but I wouldn't worry about it because it's probably water weight. Women's bodies are quite good at fluctuating from day to day (seriously, my weight chart looks like a seismograph). It could be because you didn't drink enough water yesterday when you worked out and so your body is trying to retain all of the liquids it can, it could be because you had too much sodium yesterday, it could be because your time of the month is around the corner... A fluctuation of a few pounds shouldn't be cause for concern.

That said, if it bothers you, you may wish to switch to weighing once a week on the same day/time.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Not enough info - are you weighing every day? Weight will fluctuate based on the actual weight of your food & whether or not you've "passed" anything out. In other words, if you're a bit plugged, your weight will increase until you're not. :laugh: I tend to watch my weight daily but really pay attention to what happens on a weekly basis (I log my weight weekly). Lots of things could increase - more fluid intake, time of the month, increased sodium, muscle replacing fat...if you're doing everything else right, just hang in there & it will work itself out.

My recommendation for a cleanse - don't do it. I know that's probably not what you want to hear & a lot of people will disagree but this is just my opinion based on all the data I've read on it. The human body works perfectly fine on it's own if you're eating right, and needs some of that bacteria held in the intestines & stomach to do its job properly. A cleanse will drop some pounds but as soon as you eat or drink normal foods, the weight will come back on. It's a temporary "fix".
  • PSmillie
    PSmillie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone on the water weight. If the fluctuations like this bother you, it might be better if you weigh less often.
  • Keishia
    Keishia Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Its true women specially are prone to fluctuate in weight. Don't lose hope yet. Just keep trying and eventually you will see better results. It just takes time, but you will get there eventually. :happy: :wink:
  • EHeadings
    EHeadings Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Take a look at your sodium intake. Is it high? Sodium makes us retain more water. Especially if you had a "salty" day yesterday, that can make you cain a few lbs.
  • csummerside
    Options
    I think it's just a bad day to way ourselves... I had also gained weight overnight... so let's just put that asside and continue our good work... tomorrow will be better... HAVE GREAT DAY AND WEEKEND!
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Not enough info - are you weighing every day? Weight will fluctuate based on the actual weight of your food & whether or not you've "passed" anything out. In other words, if you're a bit plugged, your weight will increase until you're not. :laugh: I tend to watch my weight daily but really pay attention to what happens on a weekly basis (I log my weight weekly). Lots of things could increase - more fluid intake, time of the month, increased sodium, muscle replacing fat...if you're doing everything else right, just hang in there & it will work itself out.

My recommendation for a cleanse - don't do it. I know that's probably not what you want to hear & a lot of people will disagree but this is just my opinion based on all the data I've read on it. The human body works perfectly fine on it's own if you're eating right, and needs some of that bacteria held in the intestines & stomach to do its job properly. A cleanse will drop some pounds but as soon as you eat or drink normal foods, the weight will come back on. It's a temporary "fix".

Good advise!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    could be water, If ive had a hard workout and havent had enough my body will often hold on to water the next morning. It happened to me earlier this week. Scales said I'd put a pound on that day I drank a lot and the next day it said I'd lost 2. dont worrk too much from day to day as long as it goes down over all.
  • cassieham1
    Options
    Remember that muscle weighs more than fat-you could be putting on muscle mass from your workouts (which will burn fat more effectively in the end) and can mess up your weigh-ins. You should try measuring inches as well to see real progress
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    lbs aren't always FAT...Maybe you have retained water, maybe there is a poo developin' inside of you, maybe you gained muscle - who really knows...

Don't get discourage about the number on the scale...It took months or perhaps years to get the 'weight' on...and it will take months, maybe years to get off what you put on...Patience, it won't happen over night...weight loss takes time... :smile:
  • kimdummermuth
    Options
    the weight gain has been answered as to the cleanse there is a natural and safe way to cleanse your body from the junk we have done to it. My mom just did one.. She is on here I would ask her the details and let her know I passed you to her. You can see her on my list of friends ArbonMarty.
    good luck!!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    stop weighing everyday!!!! once a week, on the same day of the week and when you first get up in the morning. you are going to drive yourself crazy weighing everyday or more.