Hrm

Options
so I'm gonna buy a heart rate monitor tomorrow. From when I've read the polar ft4 looks pretty good. Anyone got one or recommend anything different? Don't have that much money but I want a good one for money.

Replies

• chewy8874042
    chewy8874042 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I too, would like to buy one, but I am really torn about how to pick one out ~ really want a good one. :) I'll keep my eye on this post. Thanks!
  • jtp5184
    jtp5184 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am new here and was intrigued by people talking about them so much! so i did some research and decided since its my first HRM id get the basic and go from there. There's a chance I might not even like it and there for that would be a lot of money wasted. Mines coming in today I ordered the FT4
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4. Does all I need in a HRM monitor. I key in my vitals: SEx, Age, weight and at the end it gives my calories burned, Max HR, Ave. HR and length of workout. It also tells you how many minutes your heart rate wasinthe "zone" . The zone can be the one that is automatically set up for you or you can adjust the high and low end. I don't really care about that info so it's kind of useless to me.

OTher more expensive models do more but this does all I need.

There was a post a few days ago about where best to buy the ft4. I'd search for it as there were some people that got it for a really good price, below $75.

Tim
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 and after using it and comparing it, I wish I got the FT4. They are basically the same, but the FT4 is cheaper. I do love having it as I can accurately track my calories. I got mine from Sport Authority and they seemed to be the cheapest, but I know Amazon may have some for pretty cheap.