Addiction

Options
That damn scale. I loathe it but I just can't seem to stay away. urgh. :)

Replies

• tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I can relate!
  • foleykm22
    foleykm22 Posts: 32
    Options
    Im not getting on my scale til next Friday....Its going to be hard but I think I will SOB if I get on it today. :( My husband HAS to get on it every morning. It is addicting!!!
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    agreed !!! i weigh myself every morning for my body test on wii fit plus...i can't help it :( LoL
  • JodiLouLou
    JodiLouLou Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    They are evil! I keep mine in my basement and make myself get down to my skivvies to weigh myself (and who wants to do that in a cold basement more than once a week?) so that helps. I also suggested to one of my friends that she keep hers in her garage that isn't attached to her house, I'm not sure it's helping but get that dang thing out of your bathroom (or area that you pass it 100 times a day) and put it somewhere less convenient. :drinker:
  • DOTY1
    DOTY1 Posts: 97
    Options
    I think that is a bad addition I try to stay away I only want to weigh in once a week I think it gets me down when I get on one day and I lost 1lb and the next day is shows I gained .5lb. I think it moves so different when you start out you have to get through the water weight before you know your really getting in to it. Just a thought
  • ashierene
    ashierene Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im the same, but my husband likes to jump on it through out the day and when he gets a low weight then he yells at me to come look, or if im not home i get a pictext of it! lol
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I am totally with you.... I weigh myself almost every morning and 9 times out of 10 I am disappointed in what I see! I always say I'll only weigh in once a week but it calls to me.... especially because I only weigh in the AM right after I pee so I know I won't have another chance all day....
    Maybe today I'll make a change and won't weigh myself til next Friday....
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    When I was fighting this addiction someone told me to think "What positive thing will getting on the scale before Friday accomplish?"

The answer was none! If it is up I will be depressed, if down I will be happy until is flux again, and it DOES NOT MAKE ME LOSE WEIGHT!!! :laugh:

I had to have my friend take it away for 2 weeks to get me off the daily :embarassed: :frown: :brokenheart: But it worked.

I get on once a week on Friday...........Good luck!!
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It really is awful. I get on it multiple times every day. I really think I may just get rid of it. I weigh in at the gym anyway. It's totally depressing to see a number in the morning then 5lbs heavier at night. I know that it's food and waste and water, but I could tell myself that until i'm blue in the face and I'm still pissed. LOL.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    It really is awful. I get on it multiple times every day. I really think I may just get rid of it. I weigh in at the gym anyway. It's totally depressing to see a number in the morning then 5lbs heavier at night. I know that it's food and waste and water, but I could tell myself that until i'm blue in the face and I'm still pissed. LOL.

ONE scale........as they are different.
    In the morning, after bathroom time, before food
    Once a week

Another thing I had to get under control. I actually started every 2 wks towards the end of weight loss because it was so slow.

Now I have to start over again, but not the scale. I only get on once a week now, period