HRM

Options
I see a lot of people talking about Heart Rate Monitors. I'm thinking about getting one, but I was curious as to which ones you all like. I searched for some on Academy's website and noticed that the prices ranged from $50-$200! When it comes to HRM, are cheaper ones okay, or are the more expensive ones also more accurate?

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of people talking about Heart Rate Monitors. I'm thinking about getting one, but I was curious as to which ones you all like. I searched for some on Academy's website and noticed that the prices ranged from $50-$200! When it comes to HRM, are cheaper ones okay, or are the more expensive ones also more accurate?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

I'd like an answer too....it's my next purchase :smile:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    I can't say about the more expensive ones...I'm sure you get what you pay for...however I bought one for $35.00 and it works great. More than anything...its better than the guestimators. Mine counts calories burned based off my personal info (weight, age) some of the cheaper ones do not even count calories...only heart rate.

I wasn't about to spend $100.00....getting out of debt right now...so my $35.00 one works great for me. :happy:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    most have the polar F6. i have one by norditak. i got mine at play it again sports. ones with the chest strap work the best. i have put on my christmas list for a bodybug.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say is I LOVE MY POLAR F9!

It records and keeps a record of calories burned.

The less expensive ones show just HR. I have one of those for sale!! $20 bucks (I paid $40 and immed. regretted it!)

So I say look for one that shows your calories burned specific to your age, height, weight.

:flowerforyou:
  • CristaAmy
    Options
    I have the F6. Love it. It has a chest strap, but I don't notice that I have it on anymore. It saves your data for an extended period of time (14 days) so you can review your weekly time, calories burned, time in heart rate zones, etc. It has the ability to only pick up your chest strap, which is great if you are working out in a gym. No outside interference.

Plus, there is a woman's version (smaller face) which is a definite plus for me since I have small wrists.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I have a Mio from Walmart - it doesn't count calories burned, but I'm not real concerned with that right now - I'm more interested in keeping an eye on what HR zone % I'm in (60-70% for fat burning, and 70-80% for aerobic./cardio health). So far so good, and for $27, it's a bargain on my budget.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and I love it. If you go to the Polar website (I think its polar.com) you can compare all of their styles with whatever options you want. I paid about $110 for mine and I love it. It has everything that I needed, counts calories, your heart rate, time in your zone, % fat burned, and some other things.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and I love it. If you go to the Polar website (I think its polar.com) you can compare all of their styles with whatever options you want. I paid about $110 for mine and I love it. It has everything that I needed, counts calories, your heart rate, time in your zone, % fat burned, and some other things.

Yea....mine would have to do the whole song and dance for me.....(English Major....percentage? what the heck is that???:wink::laugh: :laugh: )
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I bought the Polar F11 on the Amazon website for $160.00 with free shipping.

I love it-i know exactly how many exercise calories I can consume and it alerts me when I need to increase/decrease my heart rate.
  • altazin0907
    altazin0907 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have the Mio, it was $70, it calculates calories burned by weight. I do have to say sometimes it can be a pain to check my HR because it does not have a chest strap however for the money I am very pleased. I did not want to drop 110-160$ on something that I had never used, so it worked out great for me, but my next one will probably be a polar.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not wanting to spend a fortune on a HRM considering I've never used one before and will have no idea what I'm doing...BUT (always that but, huh?) I want to go ahead and get a good one so that I don't have to go buy another one...*Sigh*...I'm overloaded with so many options!