Bronx Girl

Options
pookie55
pookie55 Posts: 16 Member
I recently joined MFP this week and I must say I am so happy I did. I must say I owe it all to my daughter who introduce this site to me. I was going back to weight watchers but with the way the economy is this fits right into my budget. (yeah)

Since I started using this site, I am so conscious of what I am eating and recording everything keeps you focus. I am working on my goal, but right now I am in the crawling stage. As time goes by, I will soon be running like I am in a marathon.

I had lost weight in the past but like most people I put in back on. I am determine to stay with MFP for the rest of my life.

I just got married to MFP and everone in it, is my best man, bridesmaid and maid of honor.

Hope to hear from my extended family soon.... smile:

Replies

• pookie55
    Options
    I recently joined MFP this week and I must say I am so happy I did. I must say I owe it all to my daughter who introduce this site to me. I was going back to weight watchers but with the way the economy is this fits right into my budget. (yeah)

Since I started using this site, I am so conscious of what I am eating and recording everything keeps you focus. I am working on my goal, but right now I am in the crawling stage. As time goes by, I will soon be running like I am in a marathon.

I had lost weight in the past but like most people I put in back on. I am determine to stay with MFP for the rest of my life.

I just got married to MFP and everone in it, is my best man, bridesmaid and maid of honor.

Hope to hear from my extended family soon.... smile:
  • MizzDoc
    MizzDoc Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pookie! This place is great and you will find great motivation here on the forums.

Good luck on your journey and make lots of friends here at MFP!
  • fallenangel2904
    Options
    I'm also from The Bronx and just joined- haha small world! And like you I also went to Weight Watchers many many times. Even lost 70lbs at one point on it, but gained it back. Just found MFP also and its amazing so far!! Welcome!! :)
  • shoenympho
    shoenympho Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Look at you! I LOVE IT!!!! I am with you partner! I failed terribly yesterday but am determined to make it a good day today. See you Saturday (inside joke). :laugh:
  • purplepeace
    Options
    Welcome! I'm originally from the Bronx but moved to NJ in November! Best wishes :)
  • pookie55
    Options
    Thank you , Thank you and Thank you.
  • pookie55
    Options
    Glad to see I am not alone in the Bronx. If you find any good diet foods or recipes, let me know. We are in this together.
  • pookie55
    Options
    Oh Girl, you will be okay. We are in it to win it. (Who) another inside joke:::bigsmile: :
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You are not alone!! I m from the BX:wink:
  • pookie55
    Options
    You will always be a Bronx girl to us. Thanks for the welcome. We are all on this journey together. Jersey's right across the bridge.

Thanks.
  • pookie55
    Options
    Happy to see so many Bronxite on. I am so excited, knowing we are all trying together. Beautiful baby.