Work out videos choices ???

Options
MalyMal
MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
Hey just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions for a workout video. I think I am going to do them on the days I don't feel like dragging myself to the gym. I really need some motivation I feel like I am slipping sort to speak.

Any suggestions would be great thanks everyone :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jdrop
    jdrop Posts: 24
    Options
    I really like the Pilates videos.

And P90X. I don't follow the system, I just keep them around--especially Ab Ripper.
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    I like the biggest loser boot camp video and the billy blanks boot camp series (3 level).
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    quick work out? jillian michael's 30 Day Shred

brutal cardio? Insanity

best multi-task? treadmill while watching The Biggest Loser or Heavy

can you do it and stop your "sort-of" backslide? yes!
  • LMac423
    LMac423 Posts: 82
    Options
    P90X for sure...I do my own hybrid of training for races and I add in the P90X plyos, yoga, kenpo and ab ripper...I love them. I've also done the lifting videos too and they are fantastic. Lots of followers on this site!

Jillian Michaels also has some great DVD's, my favorite is Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism and the No More Trouble Zones is pretty good, too!

Good luck! =)
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred or Ripped in 30 are full body circuit training videos

Jacki Warner Xtreme Workout also full body circuit training

all three are very effective
  • brendagangadin
    Options
    I know they are some what old school, but they work, and if you do it every day for 10 days you actually see results. The firm videos. You can get them at wal-mart, blockbuster. They range from $10 to $20.00. You require a step up and a set of dumbells.

But they do work, even if you do not have your nutrition part down pat yet.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i LOVE Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred & suggest it to every1! it's only about 20 minutes, so it fits in busy schedules & i always finish feeling like i've gotten my butt kicked & have seen great results!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks extreme cardio
    Bob Harper Inside out Method

Biggest Loser Cardio Max

These are my current favorites...and you burn a TON!!!
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love the Biggest Loser Video series. There's a few different ones out there. You can pick them up at Wal Mart for around $10. (Bob and Jillian ROCK!) I also just started the 30 day shred.
  • mrandolph112
    Options
    I love all the Biggest Loser Workouts because the are basic exercises that are easy to follow. I also prefer running outside over being confined to a treadmill in a gym.
  • sturchem
    sturchem Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and the Danskin 10lb Kettlebell (At walmart for about $20) comes with an exercise DVD that is a real calorie burner. I did both of those today to the tune of 59 minutes and burned about 649 calories. I didn't feel like going to the gym either and I already am in a better mood after working out.
  • lisa12marti
    Options
    i LOVE Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred & suggest it to every1! it's only about 20 minutes, so it fits in busy schedules & i always finish feeling like i've gotten my butt kicked & have seen great results!

That's true, plus, in the first workout in this DVD, you actually kick your OWN butt in one of the cardio exercises!!! I love that!!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    The Firm videos are awesome. My favorites are Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn; Hard Core Fusion; and Total Body Toner.
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Yoga Meltdown and the Danskin 10lb Kettlebell (At walmart for about $20) comes with an exercise DVD that is a real calorie burner. I did both of those today to the tune of 59 minutes and burned about 649 calories. I didn't feel like going to the gym either and I already am in a better mood after working out.

how do you log in Jillian's yoga meltdown on your exercises?
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Anything by Cathe Friedrich. (www.cathe.com) Her cardio routines are very choreographed, so not for the novice, but her weight workouts are awesome! She has digital downloads on her site too, so they can be a little cheaper then her normal priced videos. She also has several different series of workouts so you can go through them with a plan.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great options....I am deffenetly going to go out and pick one up this weekend !!!!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Anything from Beachbody P90X, P90X+, Insanity, TurboFire, One-on-One's, etc.

If you dont like Beachbody get a kettlebell from Dragon door.com and start with the video Enter the Kettlebell.
  • sturchem
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I wear a heart rate monitor. I burn about 1.8 calories/min just sitting still so I take the total burned minus the 65 or so calories (it's about 35 minutes) and voila!
  • sturchem
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in responding. I wear a heart rate monitor. I burn about 1.8 calories/min just sitting still so I take the total burned minus the 65 or so calories (it's about 35 minutes) and voila!

how do you log in Jillian's yoga meltdown on your exercises?
  • brendagangadin
    Options
    I love the firm videos!!!
    And if you are in great shape px90, will kick your butt.
    I find the videos a lot better workout, then going to the gym and doing the treadmill for 45 minutes.