Thinking about dinner and now hungry!

Options
I hate it when i'm planning something for dinner and i get super hungry! not even hungry really. It's not even 10 am yet and all i want to do is eat. I'm a stay at home mom so i have gotten into the habit of eating for no good reason and it find it really hard to break the habit. any tips for me?

Replies

• mixmastermolly
    Options
    Drink tea or a zero calorie drink. If you think it's honest hunger eat a few almonds or something and wait to see if it passes. I eat every few hours because of that habit. It works for me if I plan the whole day and try to eat smaller amounts more frequently.
  • paulettac
    paulettac Posts: 101
    Options
    sugar free gum helps too.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Here's what I do:

The second I realize I'm obsessing or over-thinking about food, I take a deep breath and as I'm letting it out, slowly, I tighten up my stomach muscles, pulling it in and up. I breathe in and out very slowly while holding that as tight as I can for a few seconds. Then release and breathe some more.

I am changing the reaction to the trigger. The trigger is the food thoughts. My reaction is becoming "time to tighten my tummy!" Eventually, it will be second-nature.

Bonus: tighter abs and tinier belly! :) Hope that helps!
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    I'm having the same problem this morning. I'm a SAHM as well and my fiancee just got home from work with a huge chicken,egg sandwich thing from a local deli. It smells sooo good and I'm not having lunch until 1130. For a second I thought I was hungry, but I just put it out of my mind, and did a quick 5 minute walk around the house. As long as I keep occupied during the day, I find it easier to fight those boredom cravings.
  • brendagangadin
    Options
    Since youare at home you need to get into a routine, if you like to snack, have six small meals rather then three big ones.
    And eat low calorie food. For example: Breakfast 3 egg white, with cheese, and 6 strawberries, snack jellow, with some almonds, lunch salad, with chicken breast. Dinner steam green beans, with 100grams of steak. Take advantage of the my fitness calorie counter and see which snacks are low in calories.

And this has been working for me, have some sort of protein with every snack meal. It will keep you fill. almonds, meat, lentils, whatever you pefer.
  • rcgrissom
    rcgrissom Posts: 17
    Options
    I feel your pain! I have been using this site, http://www.nowloss.com/how-to-lose-weight-without-exercise-counting-calories.htm, because it's FREE, even his workout DVD's. He has helped me keep going and I always find so much helpful information here. I ordered his DVD and have been using it, simple, at home routines, you don't need to spend tons of money to get in shape and "Look Good Naked" (his slogan).

If you're hungry, EAT, just eat the good stuff. Don't starve yourself or deny yourself because that's what causes you to give up, its a lifestyle change and YOU CAN DO IT! ;-)