Need more friends!

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been on MFP for about a year now, and so far have lost around 20lbs. I need some more friends for support and encouragement, but first let me say: I am a real person.

I have 3 kids aged 3 and under, I love Jesus Christ, I take care of our home, I have responsibilities outside of our house, and we occasionally travel - with that said: I don't get to log on to MFP every single day. I don't meet my calorie goals every single day, I don't get in a workout every single day, but that doesn't mean I am not committed to eating well, losing weight, and setting a healthy example for my family. It just means I am real and I have to make choices about how I spend my time.

My little ones come first so if I "haven't logged on for 3 days" it's probably because I am busy singing nursery rhymes, changing diapers, playing outside, and reading Dr. Seuss. (But I am rarely gone for more than 3 days at a time).

If you can relate and you want to add someone who will support you back, please add me!
Thanks!
J

Replies

• father5
    father5 Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey, My wife is a SAHM, we have 5 children (6 to 17) so I understand everything you are saying. Your time has to be structured and it is limited especially when trying to record your exercise and food daily. I will add you as a friend and be a great support when you are online.
  • buffalogal1979
    buffalogal1979 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hey, My wife is a SAHM, we have 5 children (6 to 17) so I understand everything you are saying. Your time has to be structured and it is limited especially when trying to record your exercise and food daily. I will add you as a friend and be a great support when you are online.

Thanks so much!
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    If I didn't have a desk job, I probably would not be on MFP as much as I am. When I leave my office for the day, I have to rely completely on my Android Application.

Congrats on being able to handle healthy eating (and everything else) along with raising a family! I have issues and I'm not a parent or a spouse! Keep up the hard work, and I will see you more on MFP ;)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Hey! I sent a friend request. I am more then happy to chat and support each other. I don't have kids but I really know how hard it is to lose with when you have a busy life. Take care. :)
  • everyoung
    everyoung Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You are very real to me, and just like most of us moms on MFP, have to take care of the family and work a full time job. Real moms are not making the best choices for themselves first, their choices have to work around the families'. Most people out there don't understand why moms do things in different ways, I tell them to mind their own business. I love MFP and it's been part of my life for over 3 years, I seen people done great here and people stay here try to do great. Let's wish everyone the best and become healthier!
  • crazblueyes
    Options
    I can relate to your post! I think I'm as real as it gets. :) I would love to be a stay at home mom for my 2 children, hoping for a 3rd one day, but for now my husband and I both work outside the home 50+ hours a week. I can appreciate how much work it is to stay home and take care of children, and I can also appreciate how hard it is to work outside the home. I will send a friend request as well. :) Every day or once a week, great support is great support.