Paul mcKenna "I can make you thin"

Options
I have ordered this book from amazon, should be here tommorow. Have heard good things on the grapevine, But was just wondering if any of you here have read it, and what opinions you have on the book and its usefulness :)

Replies

• mixmastermolly
    Options
    I've read it and used the hypnosis CD for awhile. The book was a quick read and is basically common sense but it's nice to see it in print to remind yourself of it. I don't necessarily think the hypnosis CD works as far as hypnotizing me into being thin but it DOES help me relax and I like it for that purpose. I know when I'm more relaxed and less stressed I'm less likely to binge it so it was helpful for me in that way.
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    I saw him on Doc Oz - looked quite interesting!!
  • Scheezo
    Scheezo Posts: 13
    Options
    Haven't read the book but was did the hypnosis a couple days last month. It helped but I haven't kept up with it the way I should have. I can see it being a great tool. I've heard a lot of great things about all his stuff.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I saw his show and TV once and he had some good tips. If you want a good reference read burn the fat feed the muscle by Tom Venuto. I really like him and his words are powerful.
  • roebuck1908
    roebuck1908 Posts: 185
    Options
    I tired it and lost weight but ended up smoking sixty *kitten* a day hypnosis can go wrong.:laugh:
  • misschaplin
    Options
    I saw his show and TV once and he had some good tips. If you want a good reference read burn the fat feed the muscle by Tom Venuto. I really like him and his words are powerful.

Thanks *trots off to amazon* lol

Im just prepared to give anything a try atm, that might help.
  • celeste2u
    celeste2u Posts: 34
    Options
    This book was what got me started on my journey in August/September of last year. i would recommend it to anyone. I recently picked it back up and started listening to the CD again. I have been going through a time where I lacked motivation. I feel that it got me back on track. I love this book, and I love the CD. The hypnosis is so relaxing and keeps me focused on my goals.
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    the book is a nice read as a previous poster states it is common sense but its very well written. the cd i found very relaxing but i was always famished the day after i listened to it lol, i stopped using it after a while as i spent more time concentrating on trying to hear everything he was saying instead of just letting it soak in.

i must did it out again actually
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    One of my dad's friends paid for Paul to hypnotize him into stopping smoking years ago, hasn't touched a cig since! A lot of it is down to power of the mind but everyone reacts different to that kind of thing, I am sure it will help in some way :)

Ben
  • misschaplin
    Options
    All seems very positive, hope it doesnt take too long to arrive :smile:
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options

I'm a big fan of Allen Carr - he has a book too 'Easy Weigh to lose weight' (I just finished reading this). I used his book 'Easy Way' to stop smoking about a yr ago and he was an utter genius in that regard so I hold any of his books in massive esteem :)
  • misschaplin
    Options

I'm a big fan of Allen Carr - he has a book too 'Easy Weigh to lose weight' (I just finished reading this). I used his book 'Easy Way' to stop smoking about a yr ago and he was an utter genius in that regard so I hold any of his books in massive esteem :)

I have the stop smoking book and also the stop smoking game on the DS. Sadly Im still smoking, might help if I actually read the book tho :tongue:
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i have found the book to be a useful tool, first time i used it i lost 9lbs really quickly and never felt hungry.

I also still use his advice, the best change for me (and i think i would have put on a lot more weight if i had never read it) is to eat slowly and put you cutlery down between bites -it really makes a difference as i know alot of my problems have been scoffing quickly then feeling too full afterwards.
    :D
  • shellybra
    shellybra Posts: 21
    Options

I went to one of his seminars 10 years ago now and stopped smoking, with a lot of will power as well, of course! It's iornic to think that he died of lung cancer!!!!:angry: after helping so many people.