For those who are questioning...Yes, it is worth it and you

Options
Tobi1013
Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
Title got cut off. It should read: For those who are questiongin...Yes, it is worth it and you CAN do it!!

Just putting this out there for those who might be questioning if the logging and time spent sweating it out is worth it..

I started using MFP in the middle of May 2010 at 225 lbs down from a high of nearly 300 lbs. In the 12-18 months prior to joining this site, I realized that something in my life needed to change. I was miserable and FAT! I began to change the way that I ate - less fast food, smaller portions, etc. I wasn't completely committed, but the weight started coming off, so I kept with it.

Early in 2010, I started adding in some exercise - walking at first, eventually adding in some jogging intervals. The weight started coming off even faster and I was hooked! I knew that I could be successful and I really committed to changing my life.

In May, I was directed to MFP by a friend who was doing a fitness boot camp (the organizers recommended MFP for the boot camp participants). I was inspired by her tenacity (but thought she was completely insane for doing the boot camp) and figured I would give the website a try. I will admit that I was not thrilled about logging. It was tedious and time-consuming and I hated it - for about a week! Once I had been logging faithfully for a week or so, it became so much easier. I also started to make friends here on the site and the support that I was getting was unmatched!!

In the summer, I started doing Couch to 5K and registered for my first race, and by the time the last week in September hit, I had lost 25 lbs, was under 200 lbs for the first time in years, and had completed my first race. I never thought that I would do any of what I had done in just 5 short months!!

It has been nearly 10 months since I first started MFP and I am amazed at the difference in the quality of my life today. I am running 3-4 days each week. I have finished three 5Ks. I have lost 37 lbs. I have gained tons of confidence. I learn more about fitness and nutrution each day and seek that information out regularly to continue to improve my health. I have friends (both virtual and in real life) and family that are inspired by ME - something that I never dreamed would be the case! With this year's income tax refund, I registered for a series of seven 5Ks and, of all things, a fitness boot camp (who's the insane one now?!) - last year I bought shoes and handbags.

I will not lie to you and tell you that each and every day has been easy. I will not lie and tell you there weren't days when I wanted to toss in the towel and just stop logging. I will not lie and tell you, however, that it hasn't been worth every single second. I am a completely different person than I was a year ago and it is thanks, in no small part, to MFP and the community here. I am still 30 lbs or so from my goal, but I know that I will get there.

So, if you are wondering if it is all worth it I can assure you that it is. So, stick with it because you CAN do it!!! And if you do, you just might be amazed at the outcome.

Replies

• paigemang♥
    Options
    Awesome motivation!!!! Thanks for posting!! :flowerforyou:
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!!
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    That's a great post!! Congrats on your success!!
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Such an honest piece that motivates to no end. Thanks again and congrats on achieving your goals and making your life better!!
  • lumierette
    lumierette Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing post! Its words like that which keep me motivated. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • RodSurly
    RodSurly Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Your post is inspiring. Congratulations on your success.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success and for the motivation!
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the positive feedback!!! Congrats to each of you for making the commitment to yourselves and your health!!
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    VERY INSPIRING!!!! thankyou so much!!! congratulations on the hard work!
  • A_shelton316
    A_shelton316 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post I really needed something inspiring!
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So proud of you, your hard work and all of your progess. So honored to have you on my friends list ;-)
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Thanks Tobi, You rock!
  • maureensc
    maureensc Posts: 43
    Options
    Thanks...It's posts like yours that keep us all motivated!!! Congrats!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    great post!!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    great post!!!!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this as I needed some motivation today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!