Slow...but making progress :)

Options
Heather0611
Heather0611 Posts: 58 Member
Hi Everyone,

I've been reading the message boards lately and have been so inspired by everyone's progress, I thought posting my own so far will keep me motivated. I've only got pictures of my face so far, but that's where I've been a big difference. The first picture is from June 2010, at 228, my heaviest. I got engaged a month later and started my weight loss journey then. I only lost 10lbs from July to November. In November I joined MFP and a gym. I've been working with a personal trainer once a week and am finally starting to see results. From November til today I've lost 13 more pounds, and it's finally starting to sink in for me. I'm realizing this is not a sprint, it's a marathon. I'm learning a lot about my body and how it reacts to certain foods, and I've learned that I didn't put on the weight in a month so I can't expect it to come off that quickly either. I did have a number in my head that I wanted to get to by my wedding this June, but I'm no longer so obsessed with that number. I'm losing inches all over as well as pounds, and I'm starting to get my confidence back as well :happy: So thanks for reading my post, this site is wonderful and I wish I would have joined years ago!

Make it a great day!!

Progress-9Months23lbsDown.jpg

Replies

• ljbrauer
    ljbrauer Posts: 62
    Options
    Your face is definitely showing your progress! Amazing work! :]
  • countrygirl0123
    countrygirl0123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! I can see a big difference!! You look great!!:smile:
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • D_elCoop1216
    Options
    Congratulations on getting married. I'm also getting married at the end of this year :) I think this website is an awesome tool for success! You look awesome and best of luck to you on your new journey... keep up the good work!!!
  • joannadd
    joannadd Posts: 2
    Options
    How fantastic for you! I have just joined and I too need to realize that my weight didn't just appear!
    any tips?
  • yesyd
    yesyd Posts: 4
    Options
    u look great! congrats.
  • ricschick
    ricschick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    defo see a difference!!! weldone
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Best wishes on your up coming wedding!
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hi Heather...
    Congrats on you success so far...whatever you are doing it is Def working :smile:
    you look great!!!!!

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A BIG difference! congrats!! Good luck with wedding plans :-)
  • lilbylil
    lilbylil Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i can see the difference too! great job! and you seem to have learned a lot along the way -- love the marathon rather than sprint mentality. it's quite the commitment to change our lifestyles, but so worth it.
  • machelle04
    machelle04 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep it up!
  • millyliza
    millyliza Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Whatever you're doing is definitely working. Keep up the good job!
  • Twinsytoo
    Twinsytoo Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh yes! Big difference...
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!