No-one is perfect

Options
I know that a lot of us here are struggling with self-esteem and self-perception issues. I'm here to tell you that NO-ONE is perfect. So how about we all comment on something positive about ourselves? Let's focus on loving ourselves instead of what we don't like!

Here's Mine: I'm smart. I graduated with my Bachelor's of Science in Psychology from Northern Illinois University with a 4.0 GPA.

Replies

• marshalemar
    marshalemar Posts: 106
    Options
    I have an MBA and am a successful Business Analyst working for a great company. I am also a great mother and wife. My husband and I own a small sign business so I work that in addition!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    But - I am perfect :laugh: LOL
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i am open-minded and constantly striving to learn new things.. 'horror' to me would be to never learn anything new again.

i like to think this is a good quality *S*
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I am athletic, rugby player at my university and not afraid to kick anyones *kitten* ;D
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great post!! And great GPA! :drinker:

I'm a great listener. Maybe it's my social worky nature...I don't know! But I love being the friend you can just vent to. :smile: And I'm pretty good at it!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I get to stay home to raise my kids instead of working and sending them to day care.
  • BACKDROPsilhouette
    Options
    I am also very open minded.
    I graduated high school at age 17.
    Apparently I have good hair xD
    That's all I can think of.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Ah, psychology. I love the field. I'm currently working towards a goal of becoming a psychiatrist. I don't believe in perfection. The joy lies in living in an imperfect world. It provides an abundance of social experiments to conduct. :laugh:
  • drroduran
    drroduran Posts: 23
    Options
    I am a good wife and a mother to five incredible kids
    I have a PhD in Educational Administration from the University of Denver
    I have a successful career as a middle school administrator
    I am funny and have a great sense of humor
    I am blessed to travel every year to wonderful and exotic destinations
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I earn a BS in Human Services with a minor in Psych. Then went back to school to earn another degree in Medical Technology. I have more schooling then most people I know.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I am intellectually curious and I can finally say that my emotional intelligence has finally caught up with my mental intellect. Still willing to and able to: learn, grow, give, share, Love, work, laugh, fail, succeed, fall down, get back up.

I've noticed a large number of us with degrees or minors in Psychology...just saying. LOL
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I don't have any type of degree or anything but I still have a lot of good qualities like I am a good friend and try my hardest to be a good mother and wife. I never really liked too many things about my body (except my hair) until I joined MFP! Now I have more confidence and can finally say there are more things I like about myself everyday. Fantastic post!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I started back to school at the age of 43 (could not get any more promotions at my company without a degree). Ended up with a BA in Human Resource Management and a BS in American Indian Studies, all while working full time, with some atypical family issues. Have held my dream job as Director of HR for 2 very different companies. Am now winding down towards retirment with a 4 day a week HR management position with the most awesome company I have everworked for. 7 great grandkids and a hubby chomping at the bit for us to go on long motorcycle trips together. Life is good.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I have raised/am raising 2 wonderful bright beautiful "kids", and until recently had a great career as an urban planner with a degree in art/ Masters of Urban Planning. I am taking computer graphics at a local community college to try to to diversify my work skills and am doing excellently.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the comments!!! You are all AWESOME!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Jaccilatt5
    Jaccilatt5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have a job where I get to work with amazing people....maintain a 3.9 GPA.....Have a wonderful, hott, supportive husband....oh yea and I love my Butt!!!! Thats a new one for me but I have to admit its getting pretty good!!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    This makes me sad because I can't think of anything. :( Although, I loved the post!