IRISH STEEL OATS

Luna001
Luna001 Posts: 9
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
hey everyone!

So I have been pondering about this for a while- I usually eat steel oats (1/8 cup)EVERyDAY ! I don't have time really to prepare other meals, could eating only steel oats cause me to gain weight, is that too many carbs...
I've been thinking about just sticking to eating only fruits in the morning for I hear that that's good-according to 'Skinny *****' (book).....

Replies

• Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    When you say that you "only eat steel oats", do you mean for breakfast or for every meal of the day? Steel oats are really good for you because they keep you feeling fuller for longer. Are you gaining weight? If you're not, then you don't need to worry about the steel oats.

And 1/8 of a cup isn't much. Usually a serving would be a cup cooked. I'm not sure if the 1/8 is uncooked or what.

We need more info to help you. Fruits are good for you too, but they have carbs in them as well. Good, healthy carbs, but still carbs.
  • Luna001
    Luna001 Posts: 9
    Hello,

sorry yes I meant for breakfast! I'm not gaining weight but not losing much either I just thought it might be because of that.
    The 1/8 of steel oats is cooked. Maybe I'll switch it up-one day oats, and another fruits or maybe toast and peanut butter...
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    That's like 2 TBLSP? Don't worry about it. Add some fruit too!
This discussion has been closed.