Snack ideas...

Options
Moop87
Moop87 Posts: 71 Member
When you get really hungry and need a snack, what do you reach for? I'm looking for snack ideas in which you get a lot of snack for little calories.

Replies

• xbabeykayx
    Options
    muller light fat free yoghurts.. mm the chocolate sprinkled vanilla ones soo tastyy :)
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Oh heavens... See the "search" feature at the top? Search "healthy snacks" and you'll get thousands of forum postings to peruse on this topic!
  • Joaninha777
    Options
    slim fast double chocolate bars! only 100 calories...my favorite afternoon snack.
  • cculver78
    cculver78 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A serving of the Bare Naked granola. I bring a small tupperware to work with me that holds about 1/2 cup of it. A serving is 1/4 cup. Good and crunchy.
  • nldsmiley
    nldsmiley Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, apples, blackberries, kiwi, honey nut cheerios, celery and pb, a piece of string cheese, sugar free jello, light fruit cup, etc. There are many many things...
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Love the new Special K cracker chips. The sour cream and onion ones are my fave but they also have sea salt flavored which are good too! Only 110 calories for 27-30 chips (Depending on the flavor!). I also like to munch on baby carrots plain when I have them around.
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    melba toast and some hummous. quick and easy
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    When I'm being good... veggies or fruit that are "portable" (bell pepper strips, apple, kiwi, etc.). When I'm having a junk-food craving... PopChips!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Oh heavens... See the "search" feature at the top? Search "healthy snacks" and you'll get thousands of forum postings to peruse on this topic!
    This.
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    usually an apple and a string cheese will do the trick. Sometimes it's cottage cheese and triscuits thins, sometimes it's just a non fat yogurt with some fruit.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 - 3 hours...so I usually don't have to grab for a snack - its all planned out

Just depends on what you like, and what your situation is...

Greek Yogurt,
    Low Sodium Cottage Cheese
    Fruit
    Rice crackers
    Ricecakes with no salt, no sugar peanut butter

are my choices...but a double chocolate cake would be nice eh? LOL :laugh:
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I just had Special K crackers.....17 crackers for 90 calories.....they were good.....added some string cheese....
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Peanuts.
  • ljbrauer
    ljbrauer Posts: 62
    Options
    I go for snacks low in sugar or with no sugar at all. I like to eat cottage cheese (they come in portions that you can take with you), any type of fruit (yes they have sugar in them, but I don't count that as bad for me), low-fat mozarella cheese sticks, whey protein shake, greek yogurt with fresh berries, almonds, hard boiled eggs, and even pinto beans!
  • angela828
    angela828 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I love a couple plain rice cakes spread w Laughing Cow cheese nom nom nom! my favorite is creamy swiss but french onion is a close second :) Get the light kind. eat them almost every day
  • lovenk
    lovenk Posts: 19
    Options
    I like Kix whole grain cereal, fruit chews, raisins or fruit crisps! No need to keep them cold so I make my snacks for the day and throw them in your purse. I portion them out to keep on track :smile: .
  • pjfmaui73
    pjfmaui73 Posts: 408
    Options
    along with all the great ideas from everyone else. I like a laughing cow wedge with 1 serving reduced fat triscuits with some kiwi or grapes on the side. ~200cals. Light progressive soup ~140-160cals/can. FIber one or fiber plus bars 90-140 cals.
  • Suzannekernes
    Options
    Try miniature versions of things like Cliff Bars. A miniature Cliff Bar has 100 calories, while the full-size version has 260. The miniature version is just enough to satisfy. As we all know, we're a society of over eaters. Portion control is key!
  • lubvug32
    lubvug32 Posts: 15
    Options
    I recently bought a trail mix bag (no salt or chocolate) from Walgreens that comes with 7 portions of trail mix in individual little bags inside. 1 serving has about 100 calories and the mix includes cranberries, sunflower seeds, peanuts, etc. Good for on the go snacking!
  • Haleynb818
    Options
    My #1 is the Fit and Active baked chocolate cookie 90 cal packs from Aldi! It really feels like you get alot of good snacking out that little pouch!! They are very yummy too:)

I also like..

100 calorie Nutter Butter bars
    Yogurt
    Special K Cracker Chips
    Special K Crisps
    Popcorn
    Cauliflower / carrots / grape tomatoes
    Mozarella cheese sticks