Shout out to the supportive husbands :)

Options
My husband just recently did a 180 with his nutrition and MAN its helped me a lot. I have failed at nearly every diet I've been on in the past, but cooking one dinner for everyone and having the support at home has REALLY changed things. I'm finally losing weight, exercising (HARD) everyday and its not as difficult as I thought it would be!!
So, xave1911 (lol) and all the other supportive spouses on here...THANK YOU!!! :D

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Mine.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I second the notion to thank the supportive hubbies!!!
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    awww how sweet!

My boyfriend is really supportive too, he's started checking the labels on stuff to see if one brand has more fiber than another one. yay!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Mine is super supportive too! He even wakes me up in the morning and starts my car so I go to the gym. I told him it would help keep me motivated. :) He eats right and exercises right with me! Thank you honey!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive and compliments me often. :heart: Keeps me motivated :smile:
  • kndlkai1
    kndlkai1 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My husband is extremely supportive too. He helps shop and cook. He helps me find the motivation to eat right when I'm not feeling so great. He helps remind me of my goals too.
  • CaraRadz
    CaraRadz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Amen! My fiance and I joined MFP together. Since we're living together it would be so hard to stick with this without his support. We joined right after Christmas, and together we've lost 53.6 pounds!
  • middlegoss
    Options
    My husband not only eats whatever I put on the table!! He works out everyday with me and................. says "good morning Skinny girl" each morning. Only because I have lost all of 17.6 pounds in 2 months but the thing is I have a long way to go before I am skinny (72 more pounds to go) but it still makes me feel good! Love my husband!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shout out to him and ALL the ego boosting, healthy eating and work out partners out there!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Nice! My husband loves the healthy meals I cook and he brought me home some heavier weights last night because I've been complaining. He also tells me I have skinny legs and shoulders, because, poor thing, he thinks it's a compliment. I refrain from telling him "I'm not skinny, I'm buff!" ( :grumble: ) because I know he thinks he's being nice. Supportive husbands are the best.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I second that!!!!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    It is so nice to have support in the home! My boyfriend never tires of hearing me talk non-stop about weight loss ideas, fitness groups, what I ate today, what I wanted to eat today, and anything else I spew at him (I talk a lot :ohwell: ) but he listens, responds kindly and with encouragement! He asks every week or so if I need help with taking measurements. During dinner time he will come to me and say "I really want a pizza, but would you like {healthier option} instead?"

It is just so kind of him to eat the 'new' foods with me and ask me about my progress. Now if only I could get him to be my husband instead of just a boyfriend...:flowerforyou:
  • jet2012
    jet2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It took awhile for my husband to get so supportive since he didn't know why I was being so neurotic about losing the weight (he loses weight super easy, practically by just thinking it) but now he even measures out my portion sizes and helps pick out healthier choices. I never thought he'd ever learn to read a food label. ;) Super sweet!
  • jchanti
    jchanti Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband hates all things green and healthy. I blame his mother. He eats one fruit - apples and he only eats green beans if they are cooked with brown sugar and bacon! I did roast broccoli last night and he ate the tops because he says they taste like toast! It's an uphill battle.
  • Cyndi146
    Cyndi146 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I love my super supportive husband! He's one of those types who hardly has to work at all on his weight and is just naturally slim. He doesn't necessarily like my food, but he'll whip something up for him and the kids so I don't have to. He also compliments me about EVERY SINGLE improvement he sees. <3 him!