my lifesaver dessert

Options
i just wanted to share with everyone the key that has been keeping me on track with dessert cravings. i am the biggest dessert lover ever. sometimes i would rather eat a dessert than a meal. so this is a huge problem when it comes to dieting for me because i am allllways craving sweets. ice cream, chocolate, cake, etc. so i finally found something that is helping to take care of my dessert cravings. Betty Crocker MINI warm delights. they are 150 calories each and you microwave them for 30 seconds. they are little cakes with fudge or caramel depending on which ones you get. they are gooey and delicious and they have helped me not want sweets all the time, and they are only 150 calories.
so i just wanted to share this with everyone because it has really helped me a lot and i thought if there is anyone else out there who enjoys/craves sweets like i do, then maybe these could help you too.
:)

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    And here I thought you were going to post about my treat, lifesavers, I like hard candy like that as they last a while and take the edge of the sweet craving off.

Microwave puts that particular dessert out for me, shame everything is coming in microwave safe containers that shouldn't go in a toaster oven...
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    try one cup of greek yogurt and a tbl spoon or two of honey this is amazing for an icecream fix
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing. Glad you have found something that works for you. I have seen these and wondered if they are any good, I will have to try them.....
  • Christie81
    Christie81 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    How many grams of sugar are in one of those?
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    If you crave chocolate you should really try strawberries dipped in no sugar hershey's chocolate syrup YUMMY and very few calories (15 calories in 2 TBSP)..
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Mmmm sounds yummy! I'm a dessert fiend too. I don't think I've ever met a dessert that was too sweet or rich for me. :noway: It's nice to hear ideas for reasonable treats that will cure sweet cravings without completely wrecking my numbers for the day.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Gonna try! x
  • misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    yeah i understand that they may contain a lot of sugar or not be that great for you, but when you are basically addicted to desserts like i am its something that i need so it works for me
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You should google easy bake oven recipes.

Sounds silly but DD1 has an easy bake, the mixes are pricey & I'm a from scratch kind of girl.
    You could cook it in the microwave/toaster oven.

Its nice if u crave a cookie or brownie 2 just make one instead of a whole batch.
  • jdedzant
    jdedzant Posts: 34
    Options
    for me, i eat a little bit of really dark dark chocolate. the 70% cacao or higher stuff is really rich so you won't want to eat a ton of it, but still gets rid of the chocolate craving. and it's actually healthy for your heart :)
  • rosarioanderson
    Options
    I am huge on dessert too...thank you for sharing!!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I'm a big dessert fan, but since changing to my healthier diet (gradual over 3 years) I have really stopped craving them so much. Or, smaller amounts satisfy. Especially after a meal anyway, I can quite happily eat a very small portion of dessert.

Of course, there are the blow out days, but then that's allowed every now and then :-)
  • kfister
    kfister Posts: 22
    Options
    I LOVE these little cakes, but they can be expensive! For those looking for a cheaper option, simply make some brownie or cake batter and microwave 2-3 tablespoons of it (it makes a LOT of cake, trust me) for as long as you would microwave these little cakes. Then you can drizzle with sugar free caramel or chocolate syrup, just like you do with this product.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Mine is Skinny Cow mint ice cream sandwiches. 140 calories and I don't end up with a huge bowl that I'm trying to finish. I get an upset tummy(lactose intolerance) either way but I can't help it I'm an ice cream addict and rice and almond options are so expensive for a teeny pint.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    for me, i eat a little bit of really dark dark chocolate. the 70% cacao or higher stuff is really rich so you won't want to eat a ton of it, but still gets rid of the chocolate craving. and it's actually healthy for your heart :)

This too. I've never been a huge fan of dark chocolate but it can kill my cravings for chocolate and I don't over eat it because the bitterness gets to me. I really savor the teeny bites to avoid the big jump of bitterness. I love the Green and Blacks one. I should eat more its good for BP and has iron which I need.

My other chocolaty option is FF no sugar added fudgesicles(the name brand ones are good but every time I get generics they have a gross layer on the outsides)
  • Suzannekernes
    Options
    Every night I have a full-size Creamscicle. (I think it's Popscicle brand.) Only 100 calories and it feeds my craving for ice cream!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy I have to try those. I love dessert to so I feel you. With four kids I have to have icecream around and some treats I might give those a try:) Skinny Cow has some yummy stuff too:)

Alisha
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Are those Vita muffins,brownies, etc. any good?
  • LacieVanMetre
    Options
    Sugar free popcicles help me ight the sweet cravings, at 15 calories each they're the best thing I've found for me.
  • jpollak
    jpollak Posts: 2
    Options
    I absolutely love the JELL-O Sugar Free Chocolate/Vanilla Swirl or the Boston Creme Pie snack cups. They're only 60 calories and they're great! :)