earned calories

Options
hi...i'm still fairly new here (since Jan) and i was wondering how "bad" is it that i don't log my exercise? i try to walk for 30-60 mins a day a few times a week. in the beginning i did log them, but i found myself not being able to meet my calorie goal. (I'm usually a little under even at 1200).

so far i think i'm doing ok. i've changed my eating habits, i eat less and have lost about 12lbs now.

what do you all think?

thanks!

Replies

• kellybelly113
    kellybelly113 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hi...i'm still fairly new here (since Jan) and i was wondering how "bad" is it that i don't log my exercise? i try to walk for 30-60 mins a day a few times a week. in the beginning i did log them, but i found myself not being able to meet my calorie goal. (I'm usually a little under even at 1200).

so far i think i'm doing ok. i've changed my eating habits, i eat less and have lost about 12lbs now.

what do you all think?

thanks!

I think MFP is a tool and it's only as good as you use it, but you might not want to track the exercise if you have a good idea. For me I like seeing the numbers in black/white. I also know that it's not exact because I try to pick things that are already in the database that are close to what I'm eating, but might not be exact. The same thing with Calorie burned during exercise. I've heard it has to do with your heart rate etc while exercising and I don't monitor that, so I maybe be burning more/less calories depending on the intensity of the work out. Just my 2 cents.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    EDBENAGLIO Posts: 424
    Options
    THIS WEBSITE IS A TOOL AND EVERY TOOL SHOULD BE USED TO HELP YOU. SO IF IT IS WORKING FOR YOU THAN GREAT KEEP IT UP. I DO NOT EAT MY EX CAL SO I ONLY LOG IT SOMETIMES. THERE IS NOONE HERE THAT CAN TELL YOU WHAT TO DO. NOW IF IT IS NOT WORKING AND YOU NEED SOME HELP THEN LOG IT. HOWEVER YOU WILL BE TOLD ALOT THAT YOU NEED TO EAT AT LEAST 1200 NOT UNDER SO IF YOU ARE UNDER EAT A TREAT.
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    Some history is literally made to be repeated...The logging on this website is one of them...Under Reports it shows a history of your weight...etc...Exercise is so important not only in losing the weight but in maintenance for the rest of your life...How will you know how you got from point A to point B if not by keeping track ...It is the perfect tool...In the reports in one month I have increased my weight loss...the reports show me it is literally because I keep exercising more and more and eating less...I love it!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your body. The general guidelines are to not get fewer than 1200 net calories (calories consumed minus calories burned). Some people need more, some people can get by with less. As long as your weight loss doesn't exceed 2 pounds per week and you're confident that you're losing fat and not muscle, continue with what you've been doing. But if you're losing too quickly it's a sign that you're burning too much fat (and probably muscle) because your body isn't getting enough nutrition.