sushi

Options
so I had sushi for lunch thinking it cant possibly be that bad for you. ha. I guess I was wrong. it was really hard for me to get an accurate calorie count bc each roll doesnt necessarily come with nutritional info attached. what I estimated is really high. :(

I guess sushi will not be something I can eat every few days anymore.

Replies

• Franticantics
    Options
    I think sushi is really low cal, just depends how much of it you eat, i normally get a 'snack pack' with 1 california roll and 3/4 small ones, and its 126 calories :)
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    When I had sushi I retained 2lbs of water after that for almost a week...not food for every day for me, haha:D
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Sushi is a lot higher in calories than you may think. Look at my Food Diary for 2/14 to get an idea.
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    I have to really watch my soy sauce when Im eating sushi - HUGE on the sodium intake and most places offer low sodium soy sauce.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The sushi isn't bad. The soy sauce will getcha though. :noway:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Hissho sushi has a complete nutrition information on their website and if you first look at their menu you can determine exactly what is in each type of roll. Most hand rolls are cut into small pieces usually consisting of about 6 slices per roll. The pre-packaged Hissho sushi rolls are generally 12 to a container. Hope this information helps. I love sushi and sashimi and generally eat it at least once a week. The only downside to sushi and sashimi is they do contain quite a bit of sodium so you will probably feel bloated if you do not stay properly hydrated, otherwise it is a very healthy food to eat if prepared correctly since it uses fresh raw fish and fresh vegetables.
  • bloundie
    bloundie Posts: 4
    Options
    Depends on what kind of sushi you get, as well as sauces and additional stuff you add on (such as tempura or the crunchy). Basic fish and veggie rolls and sashimi are usually fine (although some fish are more fatty and carry higher mercury content than others)