Special K Cracker Chips

Options
NicolCook
NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
Saw a commercial on television the other day for some new Special K cracker chips. Thought they looked delicious and they advertised that they only have 110 calories in a serving. Much to my surprise, their serving size is 27 chips!! I was amazed. I don't usually let my snacks be that large, so figured that is just perfect. Half a serving will hold me over for a while and it's only 55cals! Of course, I had to go and buy some this morning......and they are worth it :) They taste kind of like a pringle. I was only able to get sour cream and onion, but I look forward to finding more flavors. Hope ya'll will enjoy too!! Happy Friday!

Replies

• Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    Oh those sound so good wish we could get them here in Australia.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i also bought those... i would still prefer nacho cheese doritos, but they are still good :)
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THEM!!! GREAT SNACK.. GREAT TO DIP WITH HUMMUS... I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR THE SEA SALT.. I WAS HOPING THEY WOULD HAVE HAD A BETTER FLAVOR.. BUT, THE SOUR CREAM AND ONION ARE HEAVEN IN MY MOUTH LOL!!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yum, just had some for an afternoon snack. I love crispy/salty snacks and these really fit the bill. Watch the sodium for the day though!
  • TRACYW2002
    TRACYW2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    They do look good, I will have to try them too:)
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I bought the Multi grain.......and there are 90 calories in 17 crackers....they are really good.......like a wheat thin......I didn't see any sour cream and onion....bet they are great too!!!
  • StephSmith2011
    Options
    I love these too! The wheat ones are good w/ Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge, which is about 30 calories. good snack!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    yes they are great! I have tried both sour cream and onion and the sea salt ones! They r only 230 mg of sodium too per serving
  • chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Those sound really good! Aren't they in a box? I think I saw them this week, but I'm not sure. How much do they cost?
  • mollymoose
    Options
    Are these sold in Canada??
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Love these, but yesterday I tried the sour cream kind and ate more than 2 servings! Delicious and low cal, but a little dangerous!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    That reminds me to get more on my trip to Safeway tonight. I adore the sour cream and onion, I've been out of those for a few weeks, must restock!
  • Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    I heard of these. Never tried them. Sounds good! I did however come across something a bit different but tasted great for a chip alternative...ever heard of Popcorn Indiana Chipins? Yeah the Hot Wing flavored ones are good! They remind me of rice cakes but very thin and crunchy. I love popcorn and thought well, might as well eat em like chips too! I found them at Walmart under $3 (where I live). You can have 18 of them for 130 cals and 4 g fat (i think-cant remember I ran out:sad: ) Its much better for you than chips and its well worth trying. Guess I wil have to try those Special K ones out too! Have a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I saw those lst night in Walmart and want to pick some up. Glad I saw this. I'll have to check um out. Would be great with my 150 sandwich at lunch! My whole lunch (1/2 serving) would be less than 200. Perfect!
  • ShannonE1978
    ShannonE1978 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The cost is just like a bag of chips but instead of sitting down and eating a half bag of chips, I sit down and eat my one serving of Special K chips. The Special K chips fill you up so much more than chips that I actually am fairly full and satisfied after eating them. There are 3.5 servings in a box so it still lasts longer than if I would have bought a bag of chips. I can never stop myself eating regular chips because they are not filling.
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Those sound really good! Aren't they in a box? I think I saw them this week, but I'm not sure. How much do they cost?

They do come in a box, and they are sold with the crackers. I had to pay like $4 at our local grocery store, but I am sure they are less anywhere else.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    like them!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I love these crackers! At the moment there's only 2 flavors. Walmart had them advertised at $2.50 a box.
  • rydn4h2o
    rydn4h2o Posts: 255
    Options
    I will have to try them, thanks for the recomendation!
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I don't like the sour cream and onion, but my husband killed the box. I have the sea salt ones