Sweets!

Options
While PMSing I get a major sweet tooth, while I have found many ways around it one thing I have yet to find a great healthier option for is Reeses.... Anyone know somthing that an trick my mind or a less fatty caloric food that tastes similar? Or how to fight of the craving? O and 3muskateers, their not as bad as reeses but they are prettyyyyy bad still. Being a girl can really suck not sure if guys have the same problem.

Replies

• Jerri_Thompson
    Options
    Sweets are dangerous no matter what lol! But Ive found that drinking fat free or low fat milk with chocolate syrup is a great help for cravings...also low fat frozen yogurt (it does taste good). Candy bars however I dont recommend but if you have one once in a while, it wont hurt. :flowerforyou: Yes we have to deal with this every month but I guess its God's way of letting us treat ourselves every month lol! :laugh:
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I like Thinsations's 100 calorie Fudge Dipped Bars...they are very chocolately and delicious!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    One of my friends recently shared a recipe that sounds wonderful:
    a tub of cool whip mixed with 2 tbsp peanut butter, put in a muffin pan, drizzle the top lightly with chocolate syrup, freeze

she says they are delish, i am trying this weekend.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    1 caramel rice cake-50 cals
    1-2 tbspn of natty peanut butter-90 cals
    and 5 of the chocolate discs you use to dip fruit in- 70 cals ish

I think total its like 150-300 cals. depending how much you put on of peanut butter
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    the chocolate quakers rice cakes are PHENOMENAL! and they are only like 70 calories
    the caramel ones are better, (at least i think so)...
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I stick with dark chocolate hershey's minis; no more than two! And eat them slowly lol
  • COMomto3
    COMomto3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When I need something sweet I grab a skinny cow ice cream sandwich. You can't beat it. Yes, it is 140 cals. But, for me, it kills the craving because it is such a good size.
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Graham goldfish dipped in all natural low sodium peanut butter. The PB is kinda soupy. I dip a spoon in pb, then dip it into pile of fish so that 2-3 stick to pb and then down the hatch. Maybe not that low cal, but it is probably better calorie wise than reeses. Obviously, ther is NOTHING better than a Reeses pb cup!
    I also recently discovered Dianas bananas. These are frozen chocolate covered bananas in the ice cream section at the store. I'm gonna dip that in the pb too. One banana is 130 cals.
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Found the actual recipe on hungry girl:

Peanut Butter Yup!
    Today is Halloween, and chances are you'll either be sitting next to that dreaded candy bowl, or helping your kids sift thru (and possibly eat) oodles of tiny chocolate bars, lollipops and candy corn. But even itty-bitty candy bars add up to huge amounts of calories if you eat enough of 'em. So before you grab one, two -- or SIX of those "fun-size" minis, head into the kitchen and whip up a batch of our Peanut Better Cups. This year, we think you should SKIP the packaged, chocolate holiday treats altogether and opt for our better-for-you swap instead.

Ingredients:
    1 8-oz. container Cool Whip Free
    1/3 cup Better ‘n Peanut Butter, Regular Creamy
    4 tbsp. Hershey’s Syrup, Sugar Free

Directions:
    Line a 12-cupcake pan with cupcake holders, or spray pan with nonstick spray. Using a whisk, combine one cup of Cool Whip Free with Better 'n Peanut Butter. Fold in remaining Cool Whip. Pour the mixture into cupcake tin evenly (approx. 2.5 tablespoons each). Top each cup with a dollop of sugar-free chocolate syrup (about 1 tsp.). Freeze. Enjoy. Serves 12.

Serving Size: 1 cup
    Calories: 56
    Fat: 0.5g
    Sodium: 61mg
    Carbs: 10g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 2.5g
    Protein: <1g
  • father5
    father5 Posts: 69
    Options
    I tried the peanut butter with the cool whip recipe about two weeks ago. You will not be disappointed. It is an excellent way to trick your taste buds that you are eating a Reeses
  • Frozenyoghurt
    Frozenyoghurt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Poor u...!! Weight of the world on your shoulders, eh!:laugh: :sad: :yawn: