Ok, Need suggestions..... 15 g carb snacks.

Options
penny39
penny39 Posts: 266 Member
Ok, saw the dietitian today, because of my diabetes she wants me to only eat snacks with 15g of carbs only. So I need suggestions as to what I can have. Thanks!

Replies

• GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    NUTS OR FRESH VEGGIES CHEESE
  • kimlausan
    kimlausan Posts: 39
    Options
    Low-sugar yogurt.
  • rosebrowning
    Options
    My daughter has diabetes and we had to stick to 15g carb snacks for years. Here were some faves:

Yoplait light yogurt, most of them.
    Some pre-packaged one serving apple sauces
    A lot of the Nabisco 100 calorie snack packs
    Some of Quaker granola bars

Honestly, you should buy a food scale and read all the labels of the foods you are interested. If four cookies are 30g, just eat two. You can weigh foods to make sure you are eating the right serving amount. My daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes 5.5 years ago and I haven't been without a food scale since.
  • skitchlu
    skitchlu Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese! Celery with a bit of peanut butter! Flavoured snack size tuna cans. All good options!
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I am going shopping, now!
    Options
    I know I am 2 years late to respond to this but I would just like to post this for other users. A lot of the living lean recipes are a great way to keep this under 15g and feel normal. One recipe is Cottage Chees Ice Cream.

The entire recipe has:
    235 calories
    9.5g fat
    10g carbs (only 1.5g sugar)
    28.5g protein

You will need:
    1 scoop chocolate whey protein (optional, just gives it more of a bang for those trying to lose weight and get in shape)
    1/8 cup water
    2 tsp. stevia (optional for sweetness)
    1 tbsp. unsweetened baking cocoa
    1 tbsp. natural peanut butter (Natural peanut butter are simple ingredients of salt, water, and peanuts)

Mix everything in a blender, cover and freeze for 90 minutes.

The consistency is like ice cream, but obviously not the same thing. You can find many of these online, I saw a peanut butter cup that is low in carbs, and fat. Best of luck.
  • Crimson__Phoenix
    Options
    Athenos - Humus Roasted Red Pepper 6 tsp only 16 g carbs.