3 Favorite Tips..

2»

Replies

• psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    1.) PLAN (meaning... schedule your workouts into your daily routine, plan your meals ahead of time... etc.)
    2.) Be consistant (if you don't want to... make yourself. It takes some challenges to get into a routine, but that's the best thing you can do for yourself).
    3.) Don't stress (everyone wants something to happen NOW NOW NOW and then we stress if it doesn't... don't sweat the small stuff, it'll happen... just follow the golden rules or TIPS that people are posting on this thread)
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    1.) PLAN (meaning... schedule your workouts into your daily routine, plan your meals ahead of time... etc.)
    2.) Be consistant (if you don't want to... make yourself. It takes some challenges to get into a routine, but that's the best thing you can do for yourself).
    3.) Don't stress (everyone wants something to happen NOW NOW NOW and then we stress if it doesn't... don't sweat the small stuff, it'll happen... just follow the golden rules or TIPS that people are posting on this thread)
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    1. Fast food is evil, make it at home it's cheaper, lower in calories, and tastes as good or better!
    2. Do not drink calories unneccessarily! I only drink calories if they make sense with my daily plan.
    and
    3. Treats are ok as long as they are not an all-the-time thing. I'd go nuts without ice cream, but I can handle only having it once in awhile.:flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    1. Think in terms of months/years, not days/weeks
    2. Lifting should never feel easy
    3. Never exercise without a bottle of water handy

You're my hero-of-the-day song!!

Awwwwe thank you! :blushing: :bigsmile:
  • This is a great thread!

1. Take my lunch to work: This means avoiding lunch meetings and keeping low calorie lunch foods on hand for an easy to pack meal (tofu shiritaki, luna bars, triscuitt's, fruit, low fat laughing cow cheese, and yogurt are my main stays).

2. Stick to my work out schedule. Don't skip!!! (I actually really look forward to going to my workouts 4-5 days a week!)

3. Eat 5-6 times a day: 3 meals, 2 snacks, and 1 "treat" after dinner if my calories allow.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    1. Always have a water bottle within reach.
    2. Take 3 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables to work & eat them during the day.
    3. Don't ever say "I'll start again tomorrow" start right now.
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    1.) Tea, Water, and Black Coffee only! :drinker:
    2.) Always breakfast - always w/ protein even if its a spoonful of peanut butter after my cheerios!
    3.) If something hurts, don't skip just give it rest and do something else. Sore knee? Swim that night instead.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    1. Take my organic multivitamin/multimineral EVERYDAY! No exceptions. Helps with cravings for me.:heart:

2. Water, water, EVERYWHERE. I keep it in my car, my purse, extras in my gym bag, etc...:drinker:

3. Log ALL my foods on MFP. All foods I put in my mouth go on the site - rigorous honesty for health. :wink:
  • When I lost my original baby weight after my first pregnancy I did this~

1.) Keep busy and don't make your day about food. Ditto about not making it a diet but a healthier lifestyle.

2.) Find a model or actress(wih a similar body type) that you admire or even a favorite body weight picture of yourself to put on your refigerator!

3.) Work out when you have the most energy (mine is in the morning). And while working out have a goal and routine that gets more advanced every month. Listen to your body. As your sculpting it.

4.) Ditto on the water it helps me go that much longer!
  • 1. Fiber is my friend
    2. A little less salt each day helps keep the water retention away
    3. Don't sweat the small stuff. Take a look at the big picture.