Question for all of you that have been a mfp member for awhi

Options
When you submit your food diary for the day and it gives you "you will weigh this in 5 weeks if everyday is like today" Has this been accurate for you?

Replies

• han182
    han182 Posts: 82
    Options
    I tried it but it wasn't that accurate, it's only if you do every day exactly the same. It said I would lose 10lb in 5 weeks but I lost around 12!

Hope this helps :)
  • nickyb632
    nickyb632 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Never took note, 5 wks is a long time to remember, but I don't think its very accurate, maybe the average b/c i know mine sometimes changes a lot from day to day
  • mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Not really for me, I stay within the same range and the scale is not moving as quickly as that tells me it should be.. So I don't know if it's just me or if it's just guessamating for you...Good luck
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    For me no because no two days have been alike for me. I either didn't exercise and I'm sure I didn't maintain the same calorie count. I may have walked one day and did dvd exercises the next.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: It's accurate only if you do the same thing every day and don't have days of going way over your food calories or way under your exercise calories.:bigsmile:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    mine was real close to what it said i would be at after 5 weeks.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I posted this yesterday on my front page:

On Jan. 26, my food diary told me, *If every day were like today... You'd weigh 154.6 lbs in 5 weeks." That day was yesterday (March 2) and yesterday I weighed 153.2 lbs. :) Considering that on Jan 26 I was 159 (and hadn't lost any in a week or so) I was not believing that my diary could tell the truth. My diet has remained very similar - and so my food diary is practically correct! Yay!

So, it was almost accurate. I ate nearly the same thing each day, and I lost more weight than it predicted. But if was very close. :smile:
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Just have a good laugh when you get that "if you ate like this, you would weigh ...blah, blah, blah... in 5 weeks from today."

Our metabolism and multiple other factors enter into your ongoing weight loss. I've been using this program since 16 Nov 2010 and I can verify those little blurbs are nothing more than entertainment.

Claire :)
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    It hasn't been accurate for me as my days are never the same but its a great motivator to keep doing something right. For me, also, it makes me also look over my day and what I did. I would use it more as a motivator but not take it seriously. You will never have two of the same exact day....
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's not been accurate for me, sometimes I've lost more and sometimes much less.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Extremely accurate for me, but I'm extremely OCD about making the numbers work.
  • introvert
    introvert Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's nowhere near accurate after 5 weeks. It can vary daily as you can tell. I tend to burn 600-900 calories on my cardio days, skipping my extra calories usually.. And it was off by a good 5 pounds each 5 weeks.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    It has been accurate for me within a few pounds, but let me tell you 5 weeks got very boring of eating the same thing everyday and doing the same exercise. It probably wasn't the most healthy thing I've done......just take it as a good guide and motivator
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    As spontaneous as I am, I can't say for sure. My trend is to usually lose anywhere between 6 - 10 lbs a month, so I suppose if I were doing straight weight-loss, then I would assume its accuracy is correct.
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    Not even close.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    The closer you are to your goal (or whatever number you are at) every day, the more accurate it will be. I don't record it always, but when I do (copying that number into the food diary notes 5 weeks ahead), it is usually within a pound or two. Then again, I'm pretty consistent in that I try to stay fairly close to my goals without going over.