Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Cleaning out my closet.

I just started tracking my food and making healthier choices one week ago, but I'm already noticing a significant difference in my attitude. I've decided that I not only need to rid my life of al the unhealthy foods I was putting in my body, but to also weed out all the junk I've been hoarding in my room for the past few months.

I'm a full time college student, so with classes, campus involvements, midnight cramming sessions and elusive family time, I haven't had the chance to keep my room in order. I figured if I can get my eating habits in order, why not other parts of my life too? I know this has nothing to do with weight loss, but just by cleaning close to 4 trash bags worth of old clothes and knick knacks up, I'm more motivated than ever. I still have a long ways to go (weight and room wise) but I feel as though by sprucing my living spaces up, it will help keep me on track with my other goal of getting into a bikini by finals week.

Anyone else try this?

Replies

• blessedmomof8
    blessedmomof8 Posts: 215 Member
    Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:

(I have more than a few closets that could be cleaned out) :happy:
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    good luck to you. I had to recently clean my closet out too, and now its completely empty as I came up with 4 trashbags as well.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    I have to do that as well...All my Large shirts & size 30 waist jeans are to big on me, and not flatterin' on my slender body now. I will most likely give them to salavation army or a shelter place. Most of my clothes were brought last year - so they are still in good shape.

I now fit into a small shirts & size 28 waist jeans - back to me :happy: I earned this body of mine - I might as well show it off this summer LOL :laugh:

Best wishes in college...xo
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    My closet is high on my things to do list... might even get done this weekend!
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    You go girl! I wish I had your motivation! Moved in to take care of my Granny who has been a bit of a hoarder and have a house full of too much stuff. Luckily it is not dirty or trash like you see on the hoarders tv show but there is still too much of everything everywhere!

And if you have clothes that don't fit you, I just started a thread in the Motivation & Support section the other day about a clothing swap since so many of us are going through size changes.
  • vickij2
    vickij2 Posts: 66
    Already cleaned out my cabinets of junk food. Starting on my closets. Getting rid of anything over size 8. Wish me luck!!

5378869.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools