Chocolate.

Options
avninjalette123
avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
Okay, I am really big on chocolate. Anyone know any low calories treats/recipes that might feed my chocolate cravings?
Thanks.

Replies

• skinnyb450
    skinnyb450 Posts: 288
    Options
    Me too!!! I havent had chocolate since December last year - I havent found one low enough in fat, sugars or carbs :(

Weight Watchers has a very light chocolatey mousse - that is Yummmmmmmmmmm
  • ms_erica
    ms_erica Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello pudding...very yummy and only 60 calories
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I just have it if I feel like it, and exercise a little bit more. NOTHING substitutes a choc crave! As long as you eat say, a small bar instead of a huge block. Nothing is something you cant eat.....
  • kattors
    kattors Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Buy pre-packaged chocolate morsels and limit yourself, savor them :]

My favorite is Lindt white chocolate truffles. 8 bucks for a large bag but it's so worth it, and the individual wrappers keep me from scarfing the whole thing!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any dark chocolate (my weakness) since november. oh how I would love some but I know I can't just stop at 1 or 2 squares.
  • GinaJ2006
    GinaJ2006 Posts: 67
    Options
    Well I always allow myself dark chocolate because it's got health benefits. I always find a way to justify what I want ;)
  • GinaJ2006
    GinaJ2006 Posts: 67
    Options
    Fudgesicles! they have the 60 calorie ones that have splenda in them (yuck) or the other ones are only 90 calories. yeah they've got the sugar, but they sure are good and only 90 calories isn't so bad if you budget for them.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Last night I was craving chocolate, so I measured out a serving of milk chocolate & peanut butter chips (1 tbsp) and for each chip I had an almond. Surprisingly satisfying. I'm not a big almond fan, but I know they are good (and filling) for me, so this was my treat!
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love mixing cocoa powder with sugar free pancake syrup. It takes JUST like chocolate sauce and tastes amazing on just about anything. And it's only about 30 calories per quarter cup. :D
  • angdan31
    angdan31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fudgsicle fudge pops are delicious! Only 40 caloies a pop. Yummy!!!!!
  • ckehoe89
    ckehoe89 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    3 musketeer mini's are only 25 calories a mini! They are small, but if you have some self control then you can eat about 2 of them and not go over on your calories!
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    just got the Healthy Cooking Magazine it had this recipe in it. I cant wait to try it.

Light Chocolate Truffles
    1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
    4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese
    1/3 cup plus 2 tsp baking cocoa, divided
    1-1/4 cups plus 2 tsp confectioners sugar. divided

1. in microwave melt chocc chips : stir until smooth

2. in a bowl , beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa and melted chocolate. Gradually beat in 1-1/4 cups
    confectioners sugar. coat hands with confectioners sugar.. Roll mixture into 1 inch balls. roll in the remaining cocoa and confectioners sugar Refridgerate for at least 3 hours

1 truffle
    62 calories
    2 g fat
    4 mg cholestrol
    24 mg sodium
    trace fiber
    11 carbs
    1 g protein
  • JTThomas
    JTThomas Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love mixing cocoa powder with sugar free pancake syrup. It takes JUST like chocolate sauce and tastes amazing on just about anything. And it's only about 30 calories per quarter cup. :D

What a great idea! How much cocoa powder do you add?
  • _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    Nestle Carnation light hot chocolate..... only 45 cal per cup...... for a little extra richness I sometimes add some mint or coconut extract. yummy!
  • wellyourenotSKINNY
    Options
    I haven't tried it yet, but the chocolate VitaTop muffins are supposedly really really good and are only 100 calories and are low fat.

Also, I find that it helps to buy a more expensive dark chocolate and just nibble on it whenever you are craving.
    I use Lindt's 90% dark chocolate...at first its really bitter, but you'll get used to it eventually.
    Literally a 1/4 of a square is all I'm able to eat since its so dark, but it gets rid of my cravings.
    Also, if you dont have milk a half hour before nor after eating it, you'll get a fantastic mood boost and antioxidant effects:)

Hope this helps.
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    I literally have to have some form of chocolate every day... I leave calories so I can have it LOL... it keeps me sain i swear... Here are some of my faves....

2 TBS of certain brands (usually organic ones) of chocolate chips- 70 calories
    1/2 cup stonyfield organic frozen yogurt- 100-140 calories
    Dove smooth dark chocolate bar- 160-170 calories (this is only ever once in a while but for a chocolate bar its great!)
    Breyers smooth and dreamy chocolate sandwiches- 160 cal
    (alot of the breyers low fat ice cream is also around 150 cal per serving)
    ummmm... there is alot... just helps getting inventive.. and looking at the calories on things.. some will suprise you ;)

Good luck! ;)
  • PattyTheUndefeated
    PattyTheUndefeated Posts: 302 Member
    Options

What a great idea! How much cocoa powder do you add?

I mix one tablespoon of cocoa to 1/4 cup of syrup. Love it!
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    The Emerald brand almonds, Cocoa Roast Chocolate, (I think that's the name...not for sure, but you'd know when you saw it) are tasty and surprisingly chocolately tasting. You can get a canister and measure them out, or buy the box of individual 100 calorie packs, which contain a good amount of almonds!
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    Kashi Tlc Dark Chocolate Coconut Fruit & Grain Bars.......120 calories in 1
    Stauffer's Chocolate Animal Crackers...................................130 in 16 crackers
    Quaker Quakes Mini Chocolate Rice Cakes........................120 in 13 cakes
    Swiss Miss Premium Fudge Bars..........................................100 in 1 bar

you can find the swiss miss bars at sam's. they are by far the best, creamiest fudge bar i've ever had!
  • avninjalette123
    avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think I found my answer!!!! I found new Krafts jetpuffed mallow bites, cover in chocolate. They are 130 calories for 24 pieces! =]