Heart Rate Monitor Question

Options
Can anyone suggest a good heart rate monitor that is accurate and easy to use? I am clueless when it comes to these things! Thanks!

Replies

• mcr275
    mcr275 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have read a lot of good reviews on the Timex T5G971. It's a middle-of-the-road monitor, and should work great if all you need are heart rate readings and tones during exercise, and an estimate of the calories you burned. Amazon has them for $38.

If you;re a serious athlete and want to go upscale, you can spend hundreds.
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    I love my polar FT 40
  • jdun1686
    jdun1686 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a Mio watch and it does Heart Rate and tells you how many calories you burned!!
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I recently got a Timex T5J031 ..it is simple to use...
  • justinmcdaniel83
    Options
    It totally depends on how much you want to spend. I have a Suunto t4d and I love it. It is slightly complicated to use, but was about middle of the road in price. They can vary anywhere from $70-400 or so. heartratemonitorsusa.com is a great site because there are plenty of watches to look at (in every price range), quite a few reviews, and you can compare all the different watches. When you find one that you like i would suggest going to amazon or ebay to purchase it because you will usually find a better deal. One last piece of advice would be to get one with a chest strap because it will give you your hr in real time and it will more accurately track your calories. Good luck.
  • vickij2
    vickij2 Posts: 66
    Options
    Polar Heart Rate Monitor.

5378869.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Be careful some of the ones that say any touch you have to touch with a finger to get your great rate. I got one that haas a chest strap and is touch screen for 48 with shipping. I can message you the link when I get home.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Really depends on what you like to do. Polar is one of the best if you are going to use it at the gym because most equipment is compatible with polar.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Polar all the way. I have the Polar F7 and can't do without it.
  • sunshinel397
    Options
    Thank you all for the info! Never realized I had so many options. I am thinking Polar since it will work with the cardio equipment at my gym. Thanks again!
  • kate_newlifestyle
    Options
    о
  • ecaz
    ecaz Posts: 115
    Options
    I got the Timex T5G971 based on reviews on Amazon and a recommendation by Consumer Reports. I regret it. There aren't enough inputs that I can trust the calories burned, which is pretty much the only reason I wanted a HRM. You can only put in your weight, max HR, a HR Zone. No height, no gender, no other info. There are several posts that are super helpful - and a great blog entry I wish I had read before I purchased. Try searching the boards and see what you find. I am on my way out the door (got a weight class LOL) or I would find them for you. If you can't find them I'll post when i get back.