Lost a car tire???

Options
Since February 13, 2010 I have gone from 200.8 lbs. (started at 213) to 193 lbs, and my measurements have gone like this:

waist: 36" to 32" : 4 inches gone!
hips: 47" to 44" : 3 inches gone!
bust: 42" to 40": : 2 inches gone =( lol
belly: 42.5" to 39": 3.5 inches gone!
thighs: 27" to 26.5" : 0.5 inches gone!

That's 13 inches gone!

Aaaaaaand, to top it off, the size twelve jeans I haven't been able to wear since starting college now fit better than they ever have!

So happy right now =D

Replies

• sooty0703
    sooty0703 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!
  • nido21
    nido21 Posts: 19
    Options
    WOOT WOOT! Keep up the good work.
  • twogoots
    twogoots Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I never did measurements, but seeing what you put down really makes me realize I need to track them
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Way to go! I never did measurements, but seeing what you put down really makes me realize I need to track them

tracking measurements is great! I haven't lost anything this week, but i still managed to lose about an inch all around! way more reliable than the scale! :smile:
  • chelseaj525
    chelseaj525 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! Keep up the great work!!
  • Waynes_World
    Options
    Great Job ;}
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Wow! Keep up the great work! :D

If you don't mind, what type of exercises and diet routine did you use to achieve this? :)
  • carmelasergi
    carmelasergi Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME! What a great feeling!
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options

If you don't mind, what type of exercises and diet routine did you use to achieve this? :)

Honestly, I haven't really changed all that much.
    I started out with trying to do 60min. of either swimming, walking/running, or zumba 3 times a week, as well as some crunches and stuff at home. Nothing too major, now I'm stepping it up a notch and trying 5 days a week, 60 min. Lots of cardio and toning, very little strength.
    As far as diet, I just cut back on my portion sizes. I watch my "skinny" friends and try to do what they do; put their forks down between bits, chew their food, only eat half of the massive dining hall portions (before I felt like I had to down 3 cups of rice, eek!) and stuff like that. I also started putting a tablespoon of low fat hot cocoa in my coffee instead of creamer and layed off the cookies.
    The biggest change I've noticed is mental. By just sticking to a routine of 1200 calories a day I've actually stopped obsessing about food. I've learned to listen to my body and what it tells me. And I never deprive myself. If I want chocolate, I'll d**n well eat a two bite brownie! =P (but not ten haha)
  • get_it_gone2012
    Options
    Oh! And another thing when I find the day is getting difficult...
    I pretend MFP is a video game, no joke. I have 1200 points, I want to get rid of as many as I can but I don't want to go over. Exercise gives me more points to get rid of, and hence a better score. But if I go over, I die (there's always more than one life in a video game, so I don't give up after a bad day haha!)
    Just makes the day a little more interesting! :wink:
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

Honestly, I haven't really changed all that much.
    I started out with trying to do 60min. of either swimming, walking/running, or zumba 3 times a week, as well as some crunches and stuff at home. Nothing too major, now I'm stepping it up a notch and trying 5 days a week, 60 min. Lots of cardio and toning, very little strength.
    As far as diet, I just cut back on my portion sizes. I watch my "skinny" friends and try to do what they do; put their forks down between bits, chew their food, only eat half of the massive dining hall portions (before I felt like I had to down 3 cups of rice, eek!) and stuff like that. I also started putting a tablespoon of low fat hot cocoa in my coffee instead of creamer and layed off the cookies.
    The biggest change I've noticed is mental. By just sticking to a routine of 1200 calories a day I've actually stopped obsessing about food. I've learned to listen to my body and what it tells me. And I never deprive myself. If I want chocolate, I'll d**n well eat a two bite brownie! =P (but not ten haha)

Thank You! :)
  • gmaanneliese
    gmaanneliese Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    The MFP video game thing is funny. I never thought of it that way.:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!