Exercise Bras

Options
I'm sick and tired of wearing two sports bras AND still clutching my chest when doing the cardio routines on various fitness DVDs and/or EA Sports Active 2. Can anyone recommend some good brands that really hold you in place? I'd kinda like to actually pump my arms for that "extra calorie burning" someday...

Replies

• PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I like the Moving Comfort brand and I am a DD. I got mine from D!ck's Sporting Goods, but I know Amazon stocks them as well.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    I have that same problem AND I have a really expensive strong one. Ha. I think I am forever destined to chest clutching!
  • ErinJ1981
    ErinJ1981 Posts: 72
    Options
    Enell. I'm a DD and when I wear this bra, I don't move....AT ALL! They are expensive ($70), but well worth it!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Walmart actually. Of all the sport bras I've worn, I like this the most. It has sort of a crisscross in the back and it's the Fruit of a Loom brand. I'm a D cup if that helps.
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Options
    I wear a lululemon
  • xjonesie
    xjonesie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Coolbeans.... options! Keep 'em coming... and if they avoid the mono-boob look... all the better!
  • LaurenRoseMD
    Options
    I like the Moving Comfort brand and I am a DD. I got mine from D!ck's Sporting Goods, but I know Amazon stocks them as well.

Moving Comfort for sure! They have the greatest sports bras by far, and they're not TOO expensive. :)
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have a moving comfort and it works pretty well. It's an underwire bra in a sports bra. I'm a 40D.

www.herroom.com has videos of bounce tests in various sports bras :smile:
  • Shari_T
    Shari_T Posts: 19
    Options
    I also like the Enell. I'm about a 46 DD and it supports well and nothing moves at all. The sizing is different than regular bras but they are true to size (mine is a size 6). I've worn it jogging and with aerobics and it works well with either. If you get one it may feel a little tight when you first put it on but you will get used to it and it's actually quite comfortable. I bought mine at the local running store but I also bought some at www.seejanerun.com that were a little cheaper as long as you don't mind waiting about a week to receive it.
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Jockey's C-cup & Up Bounce Minimizer for $38 :) i'm a 42DD and it works better than anything i've tried

good luck!!
  • KateHumphrey
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing. My issue isn't cost, so much as size. :( I'm a g/h depending on the brand
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    There's a company called Title Nine, and they rate the sports bras they sell in terms of support and compression (one to five barbells). Good luck!
  • modifyinglife
    Options
    mines is by elomi and i wear a J cup REALLY supportive no bouncing over here
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    Enell. I'm a DD and when I wear this bra, I don't move....AT ALL! They are expensive ($70), but well worth it!

I have the Enell also. I still do have movement, so I still wear 2 bras, but it's the best one that I've found so far. And the reviews on it were great.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I wear a regular, non-underwire bra and a tight sports bra and it's been working. Sadly, they've depleted since losing weight :( Have you tried Layne Bryant/Cacique?
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My vote is for Enell but I would suggest buying a size smaller than what you think to need to account for future weight loss.
  • xjonesie
    xjonesie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the suggestions. Can't wait to check them all out although I probably should have also asked how many of these options pull across the neck area. Women tend to carry their stress across their shoulders and neck (mostly because of the girls) and most sports bras I've worn in the past aggravate that stress to the point of giving me headaches (well neck aches that work into headaches) if I wear them more than 30-45 minutes.

Again... thanks for the feedback!
  • maryrunslikeafox
    maryrunslikeafox Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    For any heavy cardio day, running, etc.. I have to wear 2 sports bras so I don't feel like that. I usually wear a racerback and then a regular strapped sports bra over it. This really does the job. They aren't super expensive ones either, they are from Target.