I want to exercise like a normal person!!!!!!

Options
I work as a waitress and I do Roller Derby so I'm used to being able to be on my feet all day and then being able to skate for 2-3 hours. well I tore the cartilage under my knee cap and now I can't do either. It is driving me crazy at the fact that the only exercises that I am currently able to do are sit ups and arm workouts. Does anyone know of any leg workouts that are knee friendly? Please I NEED to workout my legs bad!!!!!!

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Swimming or reccumbant bike if your dr. ok's it.... Yoga....
  • dwhitten07
    dwhitten07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    punkrawkcutie,
    Thanks I'm going to try to get to the pool and I'm going to find out if I need surgery and what exercise I can do on the 7th so hopefully more options will open up.

If anyone else has any other options let me know...
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    Kettlebell swings (look it up on you tube if you want to know what I mean) were a godsend when I dislocated my ankle. It let me do cardio and work my lowerbody without overdoing the range-of-motion of my gimp ankle. You do flex your knees, but you are standing in place the entire time so there's little impact. I don't have any knee problems, so I can't tell you how it feels for sure on a bad knee.
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    I'm biased though. Kettlebells are the Russian answer to almost anything.