work out plans please??

Options
i need help to lose weight i want to do the elliptical for about an hour and a half and then 30 minutes of weights. do you guys know any great at home workouts to do when im not at the gym? my waist is 42inches and my hips are 51inches grr very scary but i just want some help from you and know whats working for you!

Replies

• _Lisa_
    _Lisa_ Posts: 61
    Options
    I am really enjoying this workout

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/m/32072077/slimmer-in-7-days.htm

There are lots of other good workouts on that same site as well
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    We have some free exercise channels through our cable on demand - check through your TV and movie lineups and see if you have the same. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to help. I only do it occasionally, as I have a bad knee and a lot of jumping. There are lots of others offered here. Another option, look in the fitness section at your local store. The Wal Mart near me has a huge selection. I would recommend checking various ones out, if possible, on the exercise channel (if you get one) so you don't spend a fortune finding the right one for you...

Good Luck!
  • ChelDM
    ChelDM Posts: 145
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba! It makes me excited to exercise!
  • BreeWilder
    BreeWilder Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels! I finished the 30 Day Shred and it was awesome. I'm currently doing her 30 Day Slimdown, which includes the 30 Day Shred, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism. Love her stuff!
  • Queenprell03
    Options
    bump :)
  • nanc94
    nanc94 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    when i cant make it to the gym i use free weights, jump rope, jumping jacks, running in place, workout videos / channels....
    depending on how much time i have go for a walk around the neighborhood
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    P90X for me and running... seems to be working I think :)
  • ambivalence11
    ambivalence11 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    All the sites mentioned are great. One thing I learned from my personal trainer is to do weights first, then cardio. It burns more fat when you muscles are already tired from weight training. Also, any belly dance classes you can find are super fun. Videos too. You'll feel like a sexy harem girl while doing it.
  • dwhitten07
    dwhitten07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We have some free exercise channels through our cable on demand - check through your TV and movie lineups and see if you have the same. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred to help. I only do it occasionally, as I have a bad knee and a lot of jumping. There are lots of others offered here. Another option, look in the fitness section at your local store. The Wal Mart near me has a huge selection. I would recommend checking various ones out, if possible, on the exercise channel (if you get one) so you don't spend a fortune finding the right one for you...

Good Luck!

Yes Tv can still be your friend :) Three years ago when I originally lost 70lbs I did it doing workout videos at home. There are alot of good/free ones on cable/Demand. Check them out I know you'll find one your like and that works!
  • Jess21684
    Jess21684 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    lots of running/jogging. def gets you lean and burns mega calories, any of the jillian michaels fitness dvds ( I LOVE her!) strength training, weights. most the jillian dvds knock out cardio and strength training together so youll get both plus be able to pop it in right there at home ;) they def R a good and efficient workout, that really burn calories. Zumba is also fun if your able to do that ( mon nights R zumba class @ my gym) its a fun workout and it dont feel like your actually working out. just experiment and do a variety of things untill you find what works for you best and stick with it! Feel free to switch it up everyday and do diff things, your body will def like that :D most important is what works for YOU and what you enjoy doing so you stick with it in the long run. consistency is KEY so if you force yourself to do something you dread, more than likely you will find excuses to "skip" your workout so anything you like enough to do on a daily basis works!
  • dwhitten07
    dwhitten07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Another thing if your interested Roller Derby! Checkout the net and see if you have a team in your neighborhood! I know when I could skate that would kick my butt and my body would hurt all over even though all I was doing was skating. Just a thought!