ZUMBA ADDICT!!

JenniferTasso
JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
Go to Zumba.com....this will show you where you can find a Zumba instructor....Zumba has helped me in the last 2 weeks....I have shrunk down INCREDIBLY!!.....PLUS....It is so much fun, if you go once, you will look forward to going again and again...Seriously people, you have to try it :)

Replies

• Do you have to be a dancer? I dont dance at all.
  • I have some friends that say they love Zumba.
    My cousin has the Zumba on her Wii.
    Others have a Zumba DVD and they workout/dance at home.
    Still others go to a Zumba class at the Y.
    Personally, I thought I would try the Zumba on YouTube to see how I liked it first before I purchased any DVDs.
    :flowerforyou:
    Thought I would try and work in one or two this week for exercise.
    My daughter wants to try it too and even my son said it looked like fun.
  • I have Zumba on the Wii and I love it and it is nice because it is in the privacy of your own home. Fun awesome great workout!
  • Zumba ROCKS, I have been doing it for about 8 weeks, lost 13 pounds ... I do it 5 nights a week and just love it. You don't have to be a dancer, but depending on how hard the instructor is, it helps to have some rythm. It's the best workout, I burn 750 calories per class (I wear a HRM) and just love the results!! GO ZUMBA!
  • I love Zumba too....although I find I do a better workout at the classes then doing it at home, way more motivating..
  • miatavixxen
    miatavixxen Posts: 373
    *WARNING* Zumba can be extremely addictive! :D AND they have CUTE zumba clothes too!
  • Blessall
    Blessall Posts: 2
    I am just starting out with a new Zumba class I love it but am not very good at it!
  • bdeliab
    bdeliab Posts: 25
    I had joined Curves back in december and they just started a curves modified zumba class in January. Absolutely love it!!!! I also bought the zumba for WII and love that too. The curves is a little different and a lighter workout because you alternate one minute on machines and one minute zumba dancing. But I am deffinately seeing results, especially around my midsection.
  • I have some friends that say they love Zumba.
    My cousin has the Zumba on her Wii.
    Others have a Zumba DVD and they workout/dance at home.
    Still others go to a Zumba class at the Y.
    Personally, I thought I would try the Zumba on YouTube to see how I liked it first before I purchased any DVDs.
    :flowerforyou:
    Thought I would try and work in one or two this week for exercise.
    My daughter wants to try it too and even my son said it looked like fun.

YouTube - thanks, that's a great idea! I nowhere have the money for classes or DVD's or anything, but I have the capacity for a little more downloads than I do (especially with my son away not using it all the last few days, LOL).
  • Zumba ...looks like fun
  • featheredfury
    featheredfury Posts: 1 Member
    It ISSSSS super fun! I've been doing zumba for about a year now and I LOVE it. I've gotten a lot of people hooked on it too. And to answer a question that was posted earlier, you don't have to be a dancer to get zumba. They have what are called "easy steps" where they break down all of the steps and teach you how to do them (if you buy the dvds, which I highly suggest!). My sister and mom are definitely NOT dancers, but they love zumba too and do it with me whenever I'm in town. =] I've been to some classes as well and love those too! Don't worry about looking silly. Everyone looks silly! And don't worry about getting all the moves perfect. Some moves take time to learn. Ultimately it's just a fun way to get moving and burn some calories =D
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    I absolutely love my zumba. I do it on the Wii right now at home, but as soon as I get a car I will go do it at the gym.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    I am just starting out with a new Zumba class I love it but am not very good at it!

I just got the DVD's and I love it, but I'm terrible at it right now..lol...hopefully I'll get the moves down soon and can rock the house..LOL
  • meamom123
    meamom123 Posts: 16 Member
    I just got Zumba for the Wii and I love it. You will catch on to
    The footsteps just keep moving!
  • rachel1975f
    rachel1975f Posts: 894
    I have also become addicted, I am going to a Zumba class later today, and can't wait. It is a lot of fun, and I find you can modify the moves easily at first until you get the hang of it. The class flies by, and it doesn't even feel like exercise, yet the sweat is just pouring off me!! I would highly recommend it to anyone!!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I love it too. I only do it once a week because I'm doing plyometrics and weights most days but Zumba is the thing I do for fun. I do it every Saturday morning.
  • Jenn070608
    Jenn070608 Posts: 206 Member
    I started Zumba in January. They started offering it at my Curves fitness Center. The first class or two I wasn't sure if was for me. But then I got addicted!!! I go 3 nights a week and can't wait to get there. The hour goes by so fast. Along with dieting, I have lost about 12 pounds and 8 inches.You don't have to be a dancer. I have to modify some of the moves to adjust to my fitness level, but I am working up to keeping up with the instructer. I work up a good sweat and feel great at the end of the work out.
  • kat2475
    kat2475 Posts: 159 Member
    I have Zumba for the Wii but haven't tried it yet because I sprained my ankle the day it arrived. I just love my luck. I'm giving myself til Monday to get healed enough to do it with a brace on.
  • JenniferTasso
    JenniferTasso Posts: 77 Member
    Glad so many other people enjoy Zumba as much as I do!...I have never tried it on the Wii...but my instructor is the best!!...She makes everyone feel comfortable even on their first day....I burn usually 800+ calories, I have a HRM watch....I really look forward to going...Plus I have a friend who goes with me, so that makes it all the more fun
This discussion has been closed.