best exercise for tonning stomach?

Options
so ive had two children, and was wondering what is the best exercise to get rid of baby fat lol i want to tone my stomach up. what would you recommend would be the best exercise for me!

Replies

• 3Heather24
    Options
    LOL! If you find "the best one", please do share! ;)

I've had 2 kids, too, & the "pooch" seems to want to stay.
  • wmartin8
    wmartin8 Posts: 22
    Options
    lots of cardio. no way around that.
  • CallousMalice
    Options
    The "Pooch"?
  • mandykasase
    mandykasase Posts: 110
    Options
    i've had 3 children and my tubby belly used to hang over my jeans. There's less of it now. I do cardio to burn but to tone, i do a variety of excercises including, Reverse crunches for the bottom bit, Planks for the core, side blanks for the side, crunches with a twist, normal crunches and Pilates. since november i've lost half of it. it takes time but can be done.
  • jojojor
    jojojor Posts: 24
    Options
    Pilates is definately the best !
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio and floor work focusing on abs such as sit-ups and reverse abdominal crunches
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    You can't lose body fat from a specific area. When your body uses the fat stores in your body where it gets it from is arbitrary.

That being said once the body fat from you abdomen goes down enough then the crunches you do will start to show. The muscle you're building with the crunches won't be covered by the body fat.

Do the sit ups and crunches, for sure, just keep in mind that you need to keep losing weight for it to be noticeable. If you start your crunches now by the time the body fat's gone you'll have pretty good muscular definition :)

"A fat man can have a massive six pack underneath the fat"
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    lots of walking and cut the carbs down.
  • Earthdogg
    Options
    You can't lose body fat from a specific area. When your body uses the fat stores in your body where it gets it from is arbitrary.

That being said once the body fat from you abdomen goes down enough then the crunches you do will start to show. The muscle you're building with the crunches won't be covered by the body fat.

Do the sit ups and crunches, for sure, just keep in mind that you need to keep losing weight for it to be noticeable. If you start your crunches now by the time the body fat's gone you'll have pretty good muscular definition :)

"A fat man can have a massive six pack underneath the fat"

haha...im living proof !
  • suebedoo
    suebedoo Posts: 5
    Options
    hula hoops are good if you dont like crunches/sit ups. Just remember for all tummy exercises to pull your belly button in towards your spine & try & keep it like it, this way your muscles will form going across & not rounded which will make it look as though you still have a rounded tummy. Hope that makes sense....

:)
  • sincitylulu
    Options
    By tone the tummy do you mean reduce fat in the area or to make the muscles stronger? I have had two kids myself and the only way I have gotten my tummy flat is by reducing my overall body fat, by eating less and the plank has really helped to strengthen my abdominal muscles.
  • hacheybaby
    Options
    thanks for all your replys and yers i jus need it to be flat if possible lol. i am doing sit up and crunches at the moment and my muscle ache is that a good sign :)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    so you can't target fat loss, so if it's fat you want to remove, you do the best you can with a calorie deficit and cardiovascular to burn calories. Also try to do some resistance to keep the muscle mass you have. If you're talking about working your core, then it's things like captains chair, exercise ball crunches, russian twists, leg raises, planks, side planks...etc.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Get an exercise ball... plank on it with your forarms flat on the top on it... and then kick your knees in either side.. left knee to right side of ball... start by doing 3 sets of 10.. and then work it up so your doing 3 sets of 20 reps... its soooooooooo good for your core and toning up.. leg raises are a good one to do too!.... which reminds me, i need to get back to the gym!

xx