Hello from Scotland

Options
I have decided to get in shape and found this website through their app on the Android Market. So far it seems to have kept me on track!
I was hoping for some tips on how to curb hunger, some filling but low calorie/fat foods and exercise. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
:-)

Replies

• giventofly__
    giventofly__ Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Glad you are on board! There are lots of posts about filling food, great recipes, and helpful exercise tips. You just have to do a little searching the boards and you should find all kinds of great info! Best of luck to you! :)
  • RussianLynx
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP! The support you can find here is wonderful. And just keeping track of all your food and exercise can really show you what areas you can improve on. I love this site!

I eat six small meals per day, about three hours apart. I make sure I have lean protein and some form of complex carbs at every meal. And I avoid junk food. My approach to diet is mostly based on the "Eat Clean" philosophy in Tosca Reno's books, but that's the gist of it.

Welcome! :o)
  • trimformecmb
    trimformecmb Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hello from MAine in the USA!!
    I think the biggest key is eating for hunger and stopping whne you are full and moving your body!!!!!
    It really helps to write everthing down and be really aware of portion sizes..... I am trying to eliminate sugar first then move on to other areas....
    Hope this helps, feel free to add me as a friend.... Iam also starting a book club if you are interested in joining us. ( our first book is THe Red Tent by Anita diamante....)
    GOOD LUCk!!!
  • dietcoke281
    dietcoke281 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Thankyou so much everyone!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    hello scotland england calling!
    hi there,right you will be told have this and have that....boring and dosent really work in my books!! lol sorry guys :)

have a glass of water before/during your meals,eat slower(trust me), if you are hungry between meals have lots of frui around,better if not bananas as they are higher in cals but apples,oranges ect are great...
    dont eat after 6.00pm if need be go to sleep early!!
    i know it sounds odd also try some exersice when you are hungry it tends to keep it away!!

if none of that works try popping to your dr's and ask for some appitite suppressents(sorry about the spellings)!! lol
    good luck
  • dietcoke281
    Options
    hello scotland england calling!
    hi there,right you will be told have this and have that....boring and dosent really work in my books!! lol sorry guys :)

have a glass of water before/during your meals,eat slower(trust me), if you are hungry between meals have lots of frui around,better if not bananas as they are higher in cals but apples,oranges ect are great...
    dont eat after 6.00pm if need be go to sleep early!!
    i know it sounds odd also try some exersice when you are hungry it tends to keep it away!!

if none of that works try popping to your dr's and ask for some appitite suppressents(sorry about the spellings)!! lol
    good luck

I have tried to stop eating by 8 o clock,but I will try and gradually stop earlier and earlier. 6 o clock will be difficult but I will try! Thankyou!
  • CarthagoDelendaEst
    Options
    Hi there!

I would say bulk cook. It saves so much time and money as you aren't throwing away food that goes off and you can buy only what you need. I'm new to bulk cooking (and cooking in general actually) but I cooked three seasoned chicken breast early this week, then kept it in the fridge and am eating the last of it right now as part of my lunch!

Tonight, I'm going to cook up some pork medallions I got on the reduced shelf at Tesco which I then froze, and so it will be part of my dinner for most nights of the coming week :-)

Also, watch your sodium levels. I lost 3lbs in my first week, which gradually slowed down to 1lb a week, which I was happy with, until it stopped completely for two weeks. I then started watching my nutrients and sodium levels were off the scale. My limit is now 1500mg a day.

And drink, drink, drink! 8 cups of 250ml a day, and add one more cup for every extra 25lbs you have to lose.

You'll soon get the hang of this, MFP is amazing!!!

Good luck!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP from an Irish neighbour.

Try to avoid eating too late in the evenings, have a read through all the threads on the forum. There is lots of good advice and tips on them. You will be guaranteed to find something to help you out.
  • dietcoke281
    Options
    Hi there!

I would say bulk cook. It saves so much time and money as you aren't throwing away food that goes off and you can buy only what you need. I'm new to bulk cooking (and cooking in general actually) but I cooked three seasoned chicken breast early this week, then kept it in the fridge and am eating the last of it right now as part of my lunch!

Tonight, I'm going to cook up some pork medallions I got on the reduced shelf at Tesco which I then froze, and so it will be part of my dinner for most nights of the coming week :-)

Also, watch your sodium levels. I lost 3lbs in my first week, which gradually slowed down to 1lb a week, which I was happy with, until it stopped completely for two weeks. I then started watching my nutrients and sodium levels were off the scale. My limit is now 1500mg a day.

And drink, drink, drink! 8 cups of 250ml a day, and add one more cup for every extra 25lbs you have to lose.

You'll soon get the hang of this, MFP is amazing!!!

Good luck!

Great advice, thankyou! I usually do try to drink around 1.5l of water a day.