My first day!

Options
Hi everyone. I can't believe it. I thought I was pigging out everyday and I didn't even match my calorie intake goal. I know it sounds silly, but I can't wait to eat some more tomorrow :) I never thought of myself as being in starvation mode. I'm gonna give it a try and see where I'm at in a week.

Replies

• AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great website and it has helped me understand what I am putting in my body! The people here are great for support.

Ps. Softball IS the greatest sport.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hey softballqueen-
    I'm soccermom!! Been on here for about 2 months and it is working great for me! Good luck!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    welcome! I am glad that you found MFP, there is a ton of knowledge here that is very helpful.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just a friendly warning. If you actually are in starvation mode and you up your calories (which is exactly what you should do), be prepared to gain weight before you start losing weight. It will take your body a little bit of time to realize that it no longer needs to conserve every calorie. It's important not to get discouraged in the first few weeks while your body is adjusting.

Best of luck on your journey!
  • softballqueen63
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I'm ready for a positive change :)
  • Mark63
    Mark63 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Give it time to work. I never realized how many calories I was eating. After a month, I lowered my daily amount of calories to where I was comfortable. Good luck and stick with it.