Hello from north carolina

Options
My name is tamara and im ready to lose some weight I have actually been working out and eating healthier for the last 8 weeks and have lost 5 pounds but im losing focus and getting weak my problem is SWEETS I love cakes cookies chips etc. in need ideas to help keep me on track.

Replies

• KaseyWB
    KaseyWB Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes I am a sweet addict as well. Fruit works well for my sweet cravings. But the fruit needs to be ripe for the best flavor. Also the 100 calorie snack packs are a good way to satisfy your craving without going overboard on calories. I am not a big fan of artifical sweetners so I don't do "sugar free" well. And one Hersey kiss hits the spot at only 22 calories.
  • autiemommy
    autiemommy Posts: 238
    Options
    Hey Tamara. Im Jenn Im in SC. Welcome to MFP. I am also a sweet addict. But i agree with Kasey. I do the sugar free or eat just a peice of dark chocolate. I also found for me i freeze one of my yogurts as a treat lol. There was also a recipe some where on here that i tried and it was so good. It was peanut butter chocolate syrup and whipped cream in a mini cupcake cup and froze that really helped me.

In the begining i was dying trying to curb those cravings. And sometimes i still give in but done over do it..

Good luck on you journey...

P.S. The people on here are amazing and so helpful and honest..
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Each time you have a craving for sweets try eating a small dill pickle. It tends to suppress that urge created by your "sweet tooth".
  • Tellison31
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! Great ideas I will definitely try and maybe it wont hurt as much when I ride by krispy kreme doughnuts and the hot sign is on ! Lol:happy: